View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:15 AM   #194
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I'm stating that faster hardware is beneficial. Yes I am very adamant that this is true. More than 8 cores has had no real world benefit in gaming and is in fact up to 5 FPS slower at times. The consoles that games are built around are not going to change for another 4 years or more. Just like the need to increase PCIE bandwidth you will also need to increase your CPU to keep up with the GPU as it increases generation to generation. The faster the CPU you buy now, the longer you can go before you need to replace it. Common sense. It doesn't have to push higher FPS at 4k right now, it will eventually as soon as the GPU catches up with it. Of course the GPU will eventually catch up with the CPU at 4k. It already has on some titles and at all resolutions that came before it. We would run into more CPU bottlenecks at 4k on current games if GPU performance was a little faster not to mention doubled. Future games will come out during the life of a new system which will be even more challenging. Come on dude are you trying to troll me?

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 10, 2021 at 10:26 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote