View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2019, 08:50 AM   #57
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
This example right here, pretty much demonstrates that 4k DLSS is just 1440p being upscaled and both raytracing and DLSS are being performed at 1440p before the upscale.. otherwise, you wouldn't be able to go fro 30fps-40ps native 4k, to 60fps at 4k with DLSS (the identical performance you get at 1440p native resolution). The math just doesn't add up any other way. Sorry!
Are you and Jay competing for the Nobel prize to see who can repeat the same thing over and over again?

We already know 4k DLSS is 1440p upscaled. The question is if DLSS is doing enough a good job to warrant its use.

For Metro Exodus, YES.

For Battlefield 5, NO.

Metro Exodus gives a good, clear representation of the benefits of DLSS. It's quite funny reading the doomsday argument about blurring, artifacts, etc.. when I'm playing the game right now with everything Ultra including RTX and DLSS looks picture perfect as can be. I'd say it's about 90% equivalent to the native 4k image, with none of the aliasing artifacts.

Don't take my word for it though. There are other 2070/2080/2080Ti owners here. DLSS also works great at 1440p according to acroig since that's his native resolution.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote