View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2020, 09:32 AM   #226
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I tried everything. More volts to SOC and IOD, tighter timings, curve optimizer and lower voltages. The results are in.

Nothing ****ing works.

More volts don’t help higher IF or memory speed with 1:1.
Curve optimizer with only negative 10 offset and auto or AMD overclocking volts leads to instability after 4-5 hours.
None of the tighter timings worked except the secondary timings that I tightened earlier which net me 100+ points in Timespy and not anything else.

So I am back to where I left off. Kept PBO on, override with 200 MHz to get above 5 Gs, 1.25 volts and memory at 16-19-19-19-39 at 3733/1867 with some secondary timings tightened up.

Of course this completely messes up any Cinebench runs and anyways Port Royal is lower than what I had with my 8086K so yeah that is screwed up as well.

However, it keeps temps low to about 71-73 C full load and clocks keep bouncing around like a monkey on crack between 4.65 - 5.1 Gs. Usually I see in games it is pushing 5 Gs on top CCX0 cores and 4.8+ on CCX1 cores.

I did manage to do a Cinebench run to get about 8300 with full volts (comp was only boosting to 4.2 Gs - seems like known issue with current PBO version). I also finally saw a 636 SC score. However, that leads to a 83C operating temperature because AMD can’t code their PBO algorithm even if their life depended on it.

I heard PBO was also a shite and PBO 2 is no better in that department. I know my chip can easily run 4.8 GHz all core at 1.25 volts because I see it in gaming for extended hours but the bios/PBO algorithm seems extremely unnecessary to take control over all option. I tried manual overclock and can’t seem to go over 4.75 GHz all core where of course I lose performance in games and it becomes same or slower than my 8086K.

Well as the things are I am quite stuck with this shitshow of a platform. When summer will come I will have no option but to see whatever Intel has, take a massive loss on this because selling AMD locally would be a bitch and just live with my decision to try AMD. Maybe in next 10 years I give it another shot but AMD products are absolutely shite and not for me. Honestly for gaming a 10900K would have been just as good and would actually run 5.2Gs all day while keeping cool.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote