View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:51 PM   #3
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I looked at this a while back. There are a lot of mixed reviews about this. However, people recommend Arctic 360 mm as the best one. I have found a lot of reviews claiming that the tiny fan can be loud and/or the Arctic fans can have a whine at a specific RPM (usually around 1000-1250 range) which is where you would want to run the damn thing lol. Also reports of motor noise on fans about 3-6 months later.

Then I looked at EK AIO and there were tons of issues with leaks and pump failing especially in Q4 2020 when it was launched. Also, Vardar fans are some of the worst when it comes to sound profile. It is not just the decibels but the shrill tone of the fans at anything over 1200-1300 RPMs would be loud. It does benefit from largest cold plate though so if you change the fans it can be good (albiet you dont get pump failure or leaks).

Most reliable would be Corsair Elite Capillex. It is no longer an Asetek block but performs the same. It might run 2-3 C hotter than the above two. Some people swear by NZXT X72/X73 but damn if I ever buy an NZXT product. Also apparently their CAM software is still utter shite. Of all of the above the best is Corsair since it comes with its own software. People have claimed that iCue is a resource hog and causes instability. Frankly I don't give a crap. I installed it. Fixed the RGB that I wanted and fan and pump speeds and uninstalled it. Since then even with a reinstall of windows everything runs at the same speeds I set prior to Windows reinstall (I never reinstalled iCue).

I ended up keeping my Corsair H150i Pro since it works like a champ.

Last edited by KAC : Mar 13, 2021 at 10:59 PM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad