View Single Post
Old May 5, 2011, 10:35 AM   #14
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

SO, lets see if I have this right. To get the "Bulldozer Super-Dooper modules", you have to give up the iGPU, but to get the iGPU, you have to give up any form of decent CPU performance.

Intel tackled this issue by making the one CPU, Sandy Bridge, and then making 2 chipset lines for it to live on. One is high performance without iGPU, the other is standard performance, but with the iGPU. The CPU stays the same across both platforms, meaning NO loss in actual stock CPU power for the choice, only a loss in overclocking. AMD's method is inferior in my eyes and they are drifting further and further away from ever coming back to a rig of mine as a CPU. Very sad.

One thing I'm actually looking forward to on my next major system upgrade, is the fact that I can take my current 2600K, stick it over on a H67 mobo, and it will be the most kickass HTPC I've ever owned.

Last edited by moshpit : May 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote