View Single Post
Old May 5, 2011, 10:47 AM   #17
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Funny thing that, cavey. Your the first one to say Sandy Bridge iGPU sucks after SOOO many have said it's a total step in the right direction for Intel for the first time ever. So which is it? And FACT is, it has one and is flexible in it's usage because of it, BD is not. Sandy Bridge doesn't JUST have to serve the gamer. It serves the iGPU crowd VERY well. AMD's will be better, but it's CPU side sucks. And yes, I used the word SUCKS for the CPU side.

You see, I think the word "SUCKS" is best applied to when there's NO advance, which applies to Llano's CPU side, but not to SnB' GPU side. Intel's iGPU advanced over previous generations, Llano's CPU is another Phenom II loser job, same as it ever was, losing to the Intel solution more often then not.

Edit: We ALL know what happens to AMD when it starts ridding it's laurels. Sorry, but Llano's cores are a symptom of AMD doing that all over again. At least Intel iGPU is better then the previous generation enough to get INDUSTRY WIDE kudos in almost every review thats compared the new iGPU versus older ones. Even you have to admit, the Intel iGPU is MORE of a step up over it's previous then AMD's Llano cores are over Phenom II.

Last edited by moshpit : May 5, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote