View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2021, 04:23 AM   #396
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
The problem with early ddr5 boards is they support only ddr5 up to ddr5 6400 mhz...I would expect a mature ddr5 to have 10000 mhz ? So you still need to change mainboard for a later mature ddr5...What's the point ? As you saw from benchies ddr5 6000 is not such a big deal in games.Again what's the point ?

Unless you are in productivity i wouldn't go with DDR5 at this point unless you want to help the ddr5 economy to thrive.
Not accurate. Just because the board on the spec sheet only says 6400, doesn't mean that's the max it can run. People have Hynix chips at 6600, and I've seen one guy with 7000 (though at suicide voltages).

I do agree that DDR4 is doing well in games but you're comparing extremely mature DDR4 to baby DDR5, and it's impressive that the DDR5 can already surpass the DDR4 when properly tweaked - that was not the case with DDR3 to DDR4.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote