View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2021, 02:01 AM   #9
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
All that HDR is doing is turning the brightness to 100 and over-saturating the image. There are times the HDR400 seems nicer on my monitor too, but I've noticed the image can be pretty inaccurate in a lot of scenarios; I noticed this especially in AC:Valhalla.

From toms hardware review:

"The S2721DGF also supports HDR, and we found in our tests that Dell is using dynamic contrast to increase dynamic range with HDR content."

"The S2721DGF’s lack of HDR calibration control is not a hindrance to its HDR image accuracy. The grayscale test above shows a slightly visible blue error in the brightest steps that's hard to see in actual content. What is more impressive is the near-flawless EOTF luminance tracking. Except for a slightly soft transition to tone-mapping at 65%, the test follows the spec perfectly. This is the principal reason for the S2721DGF’s excellent HDR image.
The color test reveals similarly high accuracy. Every DCI-P3 color target is on or near the right spot, and inner saturations are a little over. This adds to the S2721DGF’s vibrance in HDR mode. If HDR gaming is your thing, you’ll have to spend quite a bit more money to beat this level of performance."