View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2021, 05:16 PM   #1264
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
I think its more likely AMD saw rocket lake performance and the fab line shortage that they already have and said yeah we are good lets just focus on Zen 4 + AM5.

Also AMD still hasn't done zen3 based threadripper yet.

As for IO die I dont see it happening before AM5 but I do agree once AMD steps down on the CPU node it will bring the IO die to 7nm. I am really hoping we start seeing a push to give 4+ USB-C ports on mobos start taking away some of the 10+ USB-A ports we see.

me to

can't buy a 5900 or 5950 at MSRP so i will wait for Zen 4 + AM5 and get a much bigger upgrade for about the same money
and my 3800x is doing good with a 2080 ti
and i just don't have the time or patience to get a GPU or CPU in this market, i could pay Ebay prices on both but as a rule i won't go more than 5% over MSRP

and being 5nm they won't have to compete with PS5 and Xbox X for chips
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote