View Single Post
Old May 26, 2021, 10:36 PM   #41
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The equalizer that's built into the NU Audio drivers causes high pitched scratching sounds here and there when gaming. I found a great replacement called Equalizer APO. It has a ton of tweaking options and does not cause any of the sound distortion problems I had with the NU Audio equalizer. The DT 1770s are very warm and can even exhibit over excursion of the drivers when playing loud sub 40Hz frequencies. All fixed with this equalizer.

I've also started using Windows Sonic. I use to hate it, but now it sounds great with this card and the settings I use. Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Unbound mess too much with the dynamic range and have compatibility problems. Those two options are good to use with lesser headphones. Windows Sonic is basically flat with only virtualization added. I apply Nahimic post process 2-channel surround on top of it.

Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers

Last edited by AdamK47 : May 26, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote