View Single Post
Old May 27, 2021, 01:10 AM   #42
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
The equalizer that's built into the NU Audio drivers causes high pitched scratching sounds here and there when gaming. I found a great replacement called Equalizer APO. It has a ton of tweaking options and does not cause any of the sound distortion problems I had with the NU Audio equalizer. The DT 1770s are very warm and can even exhibit over excursion of the drivers when playing loud sub 40Hz frequencies. All fixed with this equalizer.

I've also started using Windows Sonic. I use to hate it, but now it sounds great with this card and the settings I use. Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Unbound mess too much with the dynamic range and have compatibility problems. Those two options are good to use with lesser headphones. Windows Sonic is basically flat with only virtualization added. I apply Nahimic post process 2-channel surround on top of it.

I don't use EQ at all.
I hope you downloaded 2.1.14 driver version and flashed the card with the latest firmware.

Enjoy!