View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Drobo NAS failure recovery?

Been retiring the remaining Drobo NASes at work, and moved a bit slow apparently. End of last week a 5N2 showed a pending drive failure, then the device itself was off and wouldn't power on when I got to the office yesterday. Fan spins up, but no lights. Not an uncommon failure, according to a quick web search.

Anyone have experience with Drobos? My thought process is to move the drives over to a different Drobo, unfortunately I don't have any other 5N2 models, just a 5N and FS. Assuming (dangerous word, I know) the file system is the same, seems like the data should be readable. All are set up for RAID5. I just need to pull the data and get it moved over to a Synology NAS.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote