Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
hunuok
Radeon R200

hunuok is still being judged by the masses

Default Active Displayport Adapter Display issues

Hey there,

I have been having an issue with the 10.4 pre and 10.4a pre drivers.

Upon installation, I started getting issues on the center (displayport adapter) display in 3 stages:

1. grey horizontal "interference" lines
2. intermittent display turning on/off
3. complete shutdown of center display

These drivers are the first to give "decent" frames using quadfire+eyefinity.

I've NEVER had these display issues with ANY of the previous drivers. Rolling back to 10.3 WHQL gave no problems again.

Unplugging the displayport adapter and replugging gave a temporary fix, but hardly an acceptable solution.

My active displayport adapter is certified by AMD-Accell Ultra AV DP to DVI-D Dual Link Adapter P/N B087B-002B.

I've read updating the card BIOS, updating the firmware on the adapter or RMAing the adapter are options.

My video cards are not overclocked and I installed catalyst software with default settings.

Frankly, I'm hesitant to flash the BIOS and RMAing the adapter isn't much of an option because I ordered from the US to Seoul. The shipping cost more than the adapter and they don't seem to sell them here.

Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome.

Cheers.
Intel i7 [email protected] : Asus Rampage III Extreme : G-Skill 6 Gb DDR3 16000 : EVGA GTX480 Superclocked Tri SLI : Koolance WC + 3 x 360 rads : 2 x G Skill Phoenix Pro 120 Gb : 3 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 : 3 x 27" Dell U2711 : Silverstone ST 1500W : Coolermaster Cosmos S : Windows 7 Ultimate x64