View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:47 PM   #18
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Intel is also getting TMSC to make their CPU's, so they better make more fabrications plants pronto or a tight market is going to become even tighter
They are already building the fabs for 7nm and 5nm. The problem is it won't be ready till the end of this year and next year(2022). And who knows was the capacity will be initially.

But because they are continuing to ramp down 14nm and are already struggling to keep up with 14nm demand they had to contract it out. So they are using TSMC for 14nm CPU's AND are going to use TSMC for 7nm for their Xe GPU's.

And it's already a tight market. Global shortages of Intel CPU's have been a plague for years now. Especially in the enterprise and laptop market. It's at least partially why AMD is making such huge gains.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote