View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2021, 01:53 PM   #13
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
that's not another explanation, that's exactly what I told you.

120hz, 240hz monitors don't have this problem either.

Also unless your old monitor changed refresh rate somehow, it would also have the problem. Probably didn't realize it because of the vaseline motion blur.
I feel it did changed the refresh rates ....

I tested the theory by creating a custom resolution in Amd radeon software 1900x1200 with 48hz refresh rate and the youtube 24p content is working fine now.
Also with this 48hz refresh rate it switched from 10bit to 8bit.

Update:
OK ... Let's point the elephant in the room is actually the 10bit mode that has strict needs.The Eizo 60hz panel could do youtube fine and this didn't so.... what was different about this 60hz monitor than the other 60hz monitor .... The 10bit mode ! Every custom refresh rate dropped down to 8bit mode. It came to my mind to force 8bit mode and leave 60hz and the youtube is working correctly...
10bit is not working with lower refresh rates so monitor will not match the 24p and 25p content correctly automatically...
Vast majority of gaming monitors are 8bit so they have no problems like this.
10bit + 60hz monitors is not a recommend combination for playing 24p and 25p content.

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 27, 2021 at 02:31 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote