View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:28 PM   #148
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sweden Stockholm
Posts: 4,385
soylent is still being judged by the masses


This is a flow chart that FEMA used to have on their web site a few years back. I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong if preparedness leads to disaster...

Originally Posted by Defrag View Post

Looks real safe....
That's dangerous, but not as suicidal as it might appear. Especially if they have a ground fault circuit interrupter.

In a bath tub you have a drain that is connected to ground through very little resistance via the plumbing, so significant currents may flow from the appliance to the drain if there is no GFCI. Without the proper connection to ground you won't get much current flowing in the pool except right next to and inside the power strip.

I don't think it's anywhere near lethal, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'd especially avoid standing with one leg in the water and one on the outside.
From MSDS on sodium chloride(table salt):

Keep locked up. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested,
seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing
agents, acids.

Last edited by soylent : Jan 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM.
soylent is offline   Reply With Quote