View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2018, 05:35 PM   #10
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

It is suspicious how the design is almost identical, down even the to large fan hub. That large hub is basically the hallmark of the GT. More power to Noctua though as I think they could use something to shake up their products (see my lackluster opinion of them below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3 and 4 years to design. They must be holding each others dicks for a very long time.

I tried Noctua fans. They were OK-ish. Not worth the price for sure.
Honestly I think Noctua fans are highly overrated. Their high output fans are loud as hell, and fairly loud even at slow settings (a side effect of being tuned for high output, not exactly Noctua's fault), and their lower output fans are quiet but they don't move any air.

I want a fan that can move a good amount of air at a decent noise level when needed, which I can then turn down with fan control when it's not needed. I suppose for someone who just wants dumb fans that always run at the same speed then Noctua might be fine, albeit still $5-$10 more per fan than competitors that offer comparable performance and better aesthetics.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote