View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2020, 01:05 PM   #187
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
"looks at performance numbers"...
"looks at your response"...
"looks at the prices of it's competitor"...
"shakes head and walks away"...
The performance numbers aren't as great once you actually look at them. 19% IPC uplift to Ryzen 3, yes. But in most cases the 5900x barely out classes the 10900k. And thats at stock. We already know Ryzen 5000 will have zero OC headroom, it's already been reported its less than current gen. Which means very likely 10900k and 5900x are likely very close, with some games matching out to 5900x and likely some games going to the 10900k OCed. Performance king, yes will be the 5900X.

Now factor the 10700k and 10600k. Both perform very close to the 10900k. In fact in some benches the 10700k is equal or above a 10900k at the same OC. For $350.

So now you have the $449 5800X which is slower than the 5900x playing against the 10700k, and it's not going to win, at $100 more. We aren't even factoring the 10850k sku here.

Ryzen needed the 5800X to be at 5700X expected price/performance. Instead that sku is gone.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote