View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2020, 01:30 PM   #191
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
The performance numbers aren't as great once you actually look at them. 19% IPC uplift to Ryzen 3, yes. But in most cases the 5900x barely out classes the 10900k. And thats at stock. We already know Ryzen 5000 will have zero OC headroom, it's already been reported its less than current gen. Which means very likely 10900k and 5900x are likely very close, with some games matching out to 5900x and likely some games going to the 10900k OCed. Performance king, yes will be the 5900X.

Now factor the 10700k and 10600k. Both perform very close to the 10900k. In fact in some benches the 10700k is equal or above a 10900k at the same OC. For $350.

So now you have the $449 5800X which is slower than the 5900x playing against the 10700k, and it's not going to win, at $100 more. We aren't even factoring the 10850k sku here.

Ryzen needed the 5800X to be at 5700X expected price/performance. Instead that sku is gone.
So your argument is all based on OCing the intel counter parts and/or AMD's OCing ability, which is only done by enthusiasts? weak argument!

Performance wise in gaming, we don't know if the 5800x is slower. AMD has presented a competing product across the board, the price is justified (5900x is $50 cheaper than intel's 10900k) both on that merit and the fact that with the pandemic, inflation, and the economic impact of it all.

We will see what the real world reviews show when they come out. Then we will know for sure.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote