Originally Posted by soylent
That's dangerous, but not as suicidal as it might appear. Especially if they have a ground fault circuit interrupter.
My money says that it's staged for three reasons.
1) The focus of the picture is the cord leading to the grill, not the people in the pool. People don't generally take pictures of electrical cords unless they have a reason for doing so.
2) They bothered to "float" the power strip. If they were actually so stupid as to not know the dangers of electricity and swimming pools, they would probably have allowed the power strip to be submerged.
3) There's no evidence of any food on the grill, next to the grill, or in anyone's hands.