View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2022, 07:35 AM   #8
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Anyone doing the work unit 18421? That project has been running on my CPU for most of today and I'm only at 14%. Says it will take over 2 days for it to complete. Never had a job like this one before, but it seems my Ryzen 3700X is going to take some time to finish it. This seem right? Just wondering.
BTW, don't see any errors or retries in the Log.
Happy Folding.
Yeah they've been pumping out really large CPU work units for about two weeks. I recorded one at 205000 base credit and it took just under a day for the 5900X to finish. There was a time where I could complete 15+ work units a day with just the CPU.

To answer the question, why I still fold, right now it's to warm up my basement a little. Sadly, I'm having stability issues with CPU folding since those large work units started hitting (I will get back to my PC, log in, and find it's just restarted. Reliability History says "Windows was improperly shut down.") I folded with GPU overnight and it does surprisingly little to raise the room's temperature, compared to the CPU. Was total opposite when I had Vega 64/2700X.

If not for that reason, it's for the team. All the other teams that passed Rage during COVID have stopped producing and we're back on the upswing. We need our place back.

I never looked into learning how to crypto-mine because I worry that it will become an addiction.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote