View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:25 AM   #189
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I can't remember where, but I read an article that indicated AMD had shipped hardly any GPUs in Q4 2020, like way down from past years. They may be making money on the ones sold, but not selling very many. A lot of money is being left on the table because they can't even make the products.

Frankly it's still not clear to me how much of the current GPU problems are due to demand, and how much of it is just supply constraints. The EVGA step up queue is barely even moving, and while we don't know how many are in the queue, two week periods go by without any product being shipped to anyone. That sounds more like supply constraints to me than high demand. (High demand alone you'd see a few cards trickle out reliably, but the queue would still go slow because there are so many in it.)
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote