View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:28 AM   #195
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I'm stating that faster hardware is beneficial. Yes I am very adamant that this is true. More than 8 cores has had no real world benefit in gaming and is in fact up to 5 FPS slower at times. The consoles that games are built around are not going to change for another 4 years or more. Just like the need to increase PCIE bandwidth you will also need to increase your CPU. The faster CPU you buy now, the longer you can go before you need to replace it. Common sense. It doesn't have to push higher FPS at 4k right now, it will eventually as soon as the GPU catches up with it. Of course the GPU will eventually catch up with the CPU at 4k. We would run into CPU bottlenecks at 4k on current games if GPU performance doubled. Not to mention future games that will come out during the life of a new system which will be even more challenging.
The whole just because the console is 8 cores does not make it so the PC side cant use more cores when needed. Thats just plain non sense. And I will wait for independant reviews before beliveing an Intel slide, most slides I have seen in the past from them have been fud, I guess they could have changed with this one and taken a page from AMD but I will believe it when I see it.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Mar 10, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote