Thread: New Monitor
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:25 AM   #19
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I too had massive issues with UW including eye strain and poor support. The corner of eye stretching and/or HUD issues and/or proper vertical alignment issues etc drove me insane. Don’t know the current state of affairs but my time with a 34” isn’t something I miss.

I would do 32-35 inch 16:9 4K 120 Hz if there is such a thing. When I looked there wasn’t anything available and that too at a reasonable cost and so I went with the OLED.
Yeah, finding a decent OLED looks like so much fun in your other thread. Definite pass for me.

Seriously though, I'm having a hard time getting on the ultrawide bandwagon. It's just a goofy resolution and the smaller displays are just too narrow. 32" 4k seems like the sweet spot for me. 4k 120Hz isn't really a deal breaker, I'd gladly trade 120Hz for higher resolution if it's the only option in that size.

Finding a display is tough!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix