View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:26 AM   #8
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Most likely a bios fix of some kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
A silicon fix means that all your P67 board guys will need to contact your manufacturer for details on replacing the mainboard.
Yeah, I was going to say that a BIOS fix might not be enough to prevent a physical degradation of a component. Ouch to anyone that might have to go through this process.

Kind of makes me glad I didn't buy into this round. I was this close to ordering a 2600k and Asus Sabertooth, when I decided to instead purchase a Winchester Super X2 and hold off on any upgrades for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
The question I have is, obviously, since it's an "over time" thing, is if it's something that happens in certain scenarios or if it's just gonna happen to every chip no matter what kinda thing. Just on past experience, and the amount of time this announcement has taken since launch to get out, it's probably the former. I'd like to know more details about under what circumstances one can expect to encounter the flaw or if it will just happen anyway.
That's a good question. This maybe nothing more than something similar to the whole Socket Burnout fiasco, which never really amounted to much actual real world fanfare.