View Single Post
Old May 26, 2010, 11:01 PM   #10
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Any chance they will add an override function to the drivers so we can force Transparency AA in all titles? Considering a lot of titles from now on will have DX10/11 support I feel this is sorely needed.
Not in the near future as it requires a fundamental change in the driver architecture. I have advised it might be in their best interests to do so, but the problem is very few people have enough of an issue with games image quality, that is not due to the developer deliberately taking short cuts or optimizations. Personally I would rather AMD worked with the developers to get better MSAA + Transparency implementations for all hardware in the game at release, rather than trying to kludge it with driver fixes after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osoipl View Post
Great review, thanks.
You're welcome, thanks for reading!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote