View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Thinking about building a second rig again

So I bought a Palit 3070 today for 1072 bucks to mine. Adding both cards to my rig increased the earning but brings down the hash rate from about 150 that it should be to 110 that it is. After research it is because AMD has shitty PCIe lanes.

Now I am thinking of quickly throwing a rig together and am left with 2 choices.

1) Intel 10600K w/ Z490 motherboard
2) AMD 3600 w/ X570 motherboard

I tried looking at Z460 and B550 boards but price difference is like 30 bucks each. That is like a trip to a pizza place here so I don’t care about downgrading the motherboard.

Options I have narrowed down are:
Asrock Z490 Phantom
Or
ASUS X570 PLUS wifi

Both are solid choices. All benches show 3600 to be 6-8% slower at 1440P. However there is a cost difference. I need to decide this weekend as there is a sale on the egg.

What do you guys think? I really should’ve picked up the second rig with a 5600X when I had the chance. Totally bummed out that I didn’t do that.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 13, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote