View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:47 AM   #12
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
That's a good question. This maybe nothing more than something similar to the whole Socket Burnout fiasco, which never really amounted to much actual real world fanfare.
This is my only remaining hope to keep from getting rather teary eyed. This is easily the finest rig I've ever built, I've never been so happy with a PC as I am with this one. If I have to break it all down again just to pull the mobo and send it back, I'll be doubly heartbroken. I'm hoping still that some counter-announcement comes out saying it's a specific scenario that causes the degradation and it's something I can simply not do (like using RAID or something). I hate chipset level RAID anyway, so it's not like being unable to safely use it would be any hair off my chest.