View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:28 PM   #10
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
2 adults in the back? Maybe for a quick trip, but it's anything but practical. That's obviously not something he's looking for as if he was, neither car is a good option.
I defined "around the town" car as having "some" practical abilities. At least with the 911 you have the option.

Quote:
You are really smoking something here... Nothing beats Audi's AWD system. I've seen the Porsche guys in my area as they used to have a winter Auto-X event for the first snow (with the AWD guys).
I knew this as I wrote it BUT like your track example, in day to day experience the driver wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I drove a Carrera 4S for a week last winter, in terrible Canadian winter conditions -- it was great.

Quote:
The ride quality is more comfortable in the Audi. It's more of a touring type car than a pure sports car. That, and the interior is better...
Its all personal preference I guess.

Also, I would like to ask Kain, have you driven both cars? (on a track) to get a feel for them?

My guess is the average person, if they had to pick one car for their garage, and drove the two they would mostly pick the 911. The R8 just not as fast or as talented as the Porsche and it will force you to become a better driver.