View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2020, 06:38 PM   #72
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
Picked up a GTX 1660 Super on a good deal on Ebay.

Avg 825k PPD

770k PPD on most units, with p13422 getting about 970k PPD

Pulling about 100W according to GPU-Z
I think kj mentioned that card a while back. Seems to do a good job for the price; was just hoping you'd lean away from the dark side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Eesh.. well.. I'm back in it. New RAM and much needed cooling loop maintenance and its running far better. lol. 1.5-1.6m ppd according to how its reading right now. CPU will be joining the fray once I get my new fans in. -_-

I have plenty of case space. lol. and PCIe slots.

[IM G]https://i.imgur.com/p4BwWlU.jpg [/IMG]
YES ITS DUSTY! Gonna clean it up this weekend. Just wanted to get the dang thing back together after rebuilding the cooling loop. Works A LOT better now. Especially now that I got a fill port and a drain port.
lol that is one nasty looking case. I've never been one for aesthetics but as I said this new card forced me to change my ways.

Comparison of two cards lined up.

The situation that made me take everything apart and route my cables correctly.

Final result.

With this, to the right I had to remove a HD bay. Luckily it wasn't being used and was easy to remove. There was a fan in front of the PSU that I moved up to blow directly onto the card and also help push air in the correct direction through the case.

The before pic after unplugging cables, preparing to remove Vega. The HDD bay can be seen to the right. clicky.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote