View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:05 AM   #365
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

A few posters on the Ubisoft discussion forums said since Ubisoft couldn't fix the 4K HD textures bug they simply changed the system requirements in an attempt to make it look like it's not a bug. Trying to find out if that's true but not much luck.

If anyone can find out. Just curious. It sounds like a sneaky thing to do if true. And I realize finding documentation like posts, memos, emails and screens from past system requirements releases could be a hassle. And there are more important things in the thread. And if it's from your memory of reading past Ubi release info then that's good enough for me.

A quick recap about the accusation: The original system requirements for HD textures pack in 4K made it seem like a 3080 or 3080ti would work fine. I could be wrong but I don't have any screens from that time a few months ago. Then as the bug appeared they changed or clarified the requirements by saying a 16gb vram video card is needed which makes only a couple cards or so that work, the 3090 and Titan Rtx. Not including the server type variants that are like $10k usd.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote