View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2021, 02:34 AM   #17
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Two lovechild sequels for me:

1. DOOM Eternal. Played it through the MS GamePass. I enjoyed it, as the mechanics are cool and the base experience from DOOM'16 is of course absolutely phenomenally awesome. However, I did feel it was very 'busy' for a DOOM game. There's lots of (optional) stuff to read, there are a lot of icons to keep track of for upgrades, and the gameplay loop is occasionally broken by platforming and end bosses of sorts.

2. Wreckfest. FlatOut is one of my favorite racing games ever, with its brilliant mechanics allowing for both pure racing, and for complete chaos. Its sequels weren't as outspoken, but Wreckfest is a return to form for the series (even without its original IP name). I'm a little sad that causing chaos doesn't give a boost this time around, so you have to be more careful, but there's still no better feeling than folding an opponent around a tree in a horrible collision.