View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2016, 04:22 PM   #13
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
I have 300mbps down/100mbps up on a Tp-link 1043nd gigabit
So you say that the Ubiquiti feels more capable in simultaneous clients ?
The Asus RTN66U was not a cheap toy either...
Looking at power cord it looks like an EU one for 220v... ? Are you trasitioning to 220v and "EU" power cord style ?
In UK i needed a converter to connect EU stuff to UK power outlets.
I just grabbed that pic from the net, the plug looks similar to that but has a standard end like we use in the US.

And yeah the RTN66U was nice, but i have really thick walls, and couldn't get WiFi from it upstairs. I also can't run CAT cable upstairs. So I looked around and read up and decided to go with a mesh WiFi system. The best one available by far was the Orbi, but the actual non-wireless router part of it, I wasn't sure could handle gigabit internet. So I needed a separate router for that part fo the network, while using the Orbi as AP's. The Edgerouter lite was talked about alot as being phenomenal for $99, so I got it.

Plus you know how it is, sometimes you just want to try out something different, and learn something. I'm learning about stuff I never gave a though about to be honest, and I want to learn more. I am actually thinking of getting this when we move into our new home now.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote