View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2016, 06:34 AM   #28
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCIon View Post
Devices that run on EdgeMAX (of which the EdgeRouter Lite is one) cannot be managed by UniFi.

t0adp1p3: I don't see anywhere where you turn hardware offload _on_. Not in that sample config, and not anywhere in your instructions. Offload is off by default on the ERL ($DEITY only knows why!), and -if it's off- the absolute best you'll see out of the device is 200mbit/s. So, you might wanna explicitly add an instruction somewhere in your writeup that suggests turning on offload for IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding and VLAN.

I'm also not sure that it's still true that bridged interfaces are not offloaded. IIRC (and I may not RC), the 5-port EdgeRouter ships with four bridged ports.
Hardware offload is On by default not off by default for the ERL. Bridging the ERL disables hardware offload. I am not sure about the 5 port edgerouter, because I did not buy one.

Anyway, you can check it by going to the CLI and typing:
show ubnt offload

You can see the services I am using are offloaded, with no need to turn it On.

and they haven't finished installing fiber yet, but here is the TWC ultimate 300 running on it just fine.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Nov 4, 2016 at 07:25 AM.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote