View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:18 PM   #47
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sigh ...

If you actually participated on this forum besides popping in to share your latest purchase to pump your own tires, you would know what I have, because I made a thread and did a breakdown of it. I've also talked about it in other threads, and I usually help in most threads asking for troubleshooting advice.

The hardware change is the tweak/trick. You clearly bought the memory without understanding how Ryzen's version of an IMC functions, and how much performance you lose if you do not run the FCLK at a 1:1 ratio. If you run the mem at 3200, you're leaving a nice chunk of performance on the table.

I would have been happy to help with the memory tweaking, as I'm an avid memory overclocker and regularly post on OCN where a ton of the pro memory OCers share advice, but why would I bother? Instead of wondering why KAC recommended 3600Mhz memory, you called him classless because you think you know it all. Quite frankly, you aren't worthy of giving advice to. KAC has made a ton of mistakes on his journey with hardware, and I'm sure he'd attest to that, but at least he absorbs knowledge and asks "why?" instead of thinking it's an insult to the build. If the reasoning is good, and it usually is, then he makes changes or asks for advice on how to best work with what he has.

I would have been extremely happy to help you OC that 3200Mhz memory to 3600Mhz, and we probably could have got the timings to stay at XMP values while tightening secondary and tertiary timings, which would have increased read/write/copy speeds and reduced the latency, which tends to be Ryzen's weak point .. but yeah .. I'm apparently rapey, an egomaniac (ironic..), and trolling.

There is a reason I said KAC's suggestion to grab 3600 memory was a good one. It's because it's literally the bare minimum you want to run Ryzen's FCLK at.

Btw, I found your exact memory on Newegg. It was $224, with a $15 instant rebate applied. I posted 3600CL16 sticks that were even cheaper. If RGB is your thing, I even threw in 1 or 2 sets of sticks (already forgot) that were about the same price, if not a couple dollars +/-.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe