Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Jun 28, 2004, 02:23 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!

Turn 1 from Digi Cam

I totally forgot that Zardon had a link for me. I had a thread over there talking about such things, in which he offered some bandwidth. BUt yeah, ill can send you my vid whenever. BUt that one above there is from the Chrysler weekend i went to.

The first Viper is doing rougly about 100km around that turn.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 03:45 AM   #302
Xander
Naval | Gamer

Xander is still being judged by the masses

Sorta OT question, I guess.

Is there any digital camera that can do long shutter speeds without getting washed out?

IE., take a pic like this.

Every time I try setting my shutter speed anywhere near high enough to do that, it just over-exposes the entire image and all I get is a bright field of solid white for a picture. I just tried a couple times today at the river, hence the question.

(I mean, I suppose just shooting in an extremely low-light situation would work, too, but somethow I think that would lack something for other reasons entirely.)
Old Jun 28, 2004, 06:20 AM   #303
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Set exposure and ISO speed to lowest possible.... Other than that.. it WILL come out too bright.

If you use Irfanview.. you can always adjust the Gamma, Contrast, and Saturation properites to make it look somewhat normal.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:03 AM   #304
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yeah, u gotta mess around with each type of cam and model to get it going. Going to play around with that stuff with my bros cam tomorrow. Some cool stuff can be made with that technique.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:00 AM   #305
Xander
Naval | Gamer

Yeah, I've not been TOO impressed with the shutter modes on my A60. It can go from 15 sec all the way to 1/2000 sec....but, realistically, I pretty much shoot exclusively from 1/60 to 1/600 or so.

In order to get anything over 1/1250, in any case, you need to set the f-stop so high that focus just destroys the image.

And even setting it to '15 seconds' doesn't get crap of a picture. I remember doing some neat stuff with starfields on a 35mm using that technique. Set it on a tripod, point up, set exposure high. You can see WAY more stars that usual that way, and, if you set it high enough, can see them moving! (Or, rather, see the effect on the stars of the Earth moving)

Tried that with the A60...got a field of *black*. No stars at all. In fact, try as I might, no combination of shutter speeds, focus, f-stop, etc could even get a SINGLE star to show up on the shot. Rather depressing, really.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:32 AM   #306
gmontem
Rage3D Veteran

gmontem is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
In order to get anything over 1/1250, in any case, you need to set the f-stop so high that focus just destroys the image.
What do you mean focus destroys the image? Perhaps you're not focusing correctly. I shoot with wide apertures most of the time and focusing is critical. In any case if your metering does not give you over 1/1250 sec shutter speed then you just don't have enough light to work with.

Quote:
And even setting it to '15 seconds' doesn't get crap of a picture. I remember doing some neat stuff with starfields on a 35mm using that technique. Set it on a tripod, point up, set exposure high. You can see WAY more stars that usual that way, and, if you set it high enough, can see them moving! (Or, rather, see the effect on the stars of the Earth moving)

Tried that with the A60...got a field of *black*. No stars at all. In fact, try as I might, no combination of shutter speeds, focus, f-stop, etc could even get a SINGLE star to show up on the shot. Rather depressing, really.
It could be your technique. No offense but problems are not always the camera's but rather the photographer's. This statement applies to everyone, including me. What was the ISO and aperture used when you took a bulb exposure of 15 seconds? I took this shot of the Leonids with an old Canon Powershot G1 camera and by golly I got stars and, luckily, one meteor.
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:44 AM   #307
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Nice shots CD! Lovin that G5 eh?

Here's one I snapped yesterday of my gf feeding her niece.

http://members.rogers.com/zero-swi/images/b&w1024.jpg

Edit: That's weird, why is my image coming up as a URL...?
Very cute. Thats awsome. Kids rock, especially when they are someone elses
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:39 AM   #308
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
Sorta OT question, I guess.

Is there any digital camera that can do long shutter speeds without getting washed out?

IE., take a pic like this.

Every time I try setting my shutter speed anywhere near high enough to do that, it just over-exposes the entire image and all I get is a bright field of solid white for a picture. I just tried a couple times today at the river, hence the question.

(I mean, I suppose just shooting in an extremely low-light situation would work, too, but somethow I think that would lack something for other reasons entirely.)
To achieve the 'smoke' effect on waterfalls is tricky to start with !

Firstly you need to find a waterfall that is in shade or shoot on a murky day. You also dont want to include the river/lake as there will be too much light, so point the camera down towards the waterfall/river. The shutter speed (depending on required effect) should be about 1/4 to 1/2 a second exposure.

I have heard many people attempting these shots and overexposing them, lots of practice with different settings and eventually you should be able to get the required shot

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:11 PM   #309
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Here are some pics of the other week, in which we had a big fire on one of our yacht clubs. Also, a nice pic of Toronto!! These where taken from my friends balcony.

http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/smoke.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_1.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_2.JPG
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:43 PM   #310
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Here are some pics of the other week, in which we had a big fire on one of our yacht clubs. Also, a nice pic of Toronto!! These where taken from my friends balcony.

http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/smoke.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_1.JPG
http://theskank.modszone.com/Digi_Cam/toronto_2.JPG
if terrorists ever want to disable canada all they have to do is take out the building in that first pic
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:56 PM   #311
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

NOOOOOOOES!!!!
LEAVE TEH MOLSONS ALONE!!!!

Well, dont care really. Dont drink many Molson products.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:57 PM   #312
Vanadium
Rage3D Veteran

Vanadium is still being judged by the masses

Does that building even belong to Molson ???

I thought they had their brewery @ 401 and Kipling/Islington area.
Vanadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 03:02 PM   #313
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanadium
Does that building even belong to Molson ???

I thought they had their brewery @ 401 and Kipling/Islington area.
Dont think so actually... Agreed that their new plant is by the Airport on the 401 and 427 branch off there. Believe that use to be their old spot. Dunno who or what is there these days.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 06:19 PM   #314
Vanadium
Rage3D Veteran

[1997 Rage Pro Turbo PCI].
I wonder if this baby can run the "Rage Dawning" demo.

Old Jun 30, 2004, 06:29 PM   #315
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

LOL - SWEET!
Heck, thats nice and clean!! NO dust bunnies around!
Old Jun 30, 2004, 06:32 PM   #316
NYHecK
Bad motha-shut yo mouth!™

NYHecK is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Heck, thats nice and clean!! NO dust bunnies around!
huh?
NYHecK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 06:48 PM   #317
Vanadium
Rage3D Veteran

Yeah, a friend from work upgraded his daughter's PC and gave me the old one.
/ 8x cd player
/ Sound card ( Name ? ) It has a volume control dial on the back of it. LOL
/ Socket 7, SOYO motherboard i believe.

Hmmm. I wonder if it still works.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 06:53 PM   #318
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHecK
huh?

D.U.S.T. B.U.N.N.I.E.S
Old Jul 1, 2004, 01:24 AM   #319
=C˛=
Radeon R300

=C˛= is still being judged by the masses

Post Re: Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!

Time for more pics:

our puppy

Been playing with the macro mode
I am not sure what kind of flower this is, even though they are all along the roadside.

=C˛= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:44 AM   #320
Turnbull2000
Radeon Evergreen

Turnbull2000 is still being judged by the masses

Holed up in London for while for my job. My company kindly proved a flat on the South Bank

Here's a few select photos

Looking to the left from the living room:

The view straight ahead:

London Aquarium:

You should know what this is :

And finally..... me! :
Old Jul 3, 2004, 01:05 PM   #321
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Guy, seriously... those are some crazy pics. What cam are you using?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 01:15 PM   #322
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Guy, seriously... those are some crazy pics. What cam are you using?
Yeah seconded... especially the night shot is a-freaking-mazing! I wish my Olympus C350 could get such night pics...
Old Jul 3, 2004, 01:25 PM   #323
Turnbull2000
Radeon Evergreen

Turnbull2000 is still being judged by the masses

Fella's,

I'm using a Minolta Dimage Xt 3.2MP 3X Zoom - just a normal digi cam! Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

I'm pretty chuffed with how that shot of Westminister (for those that DON'T recognise it ) turned out though. Just took a bit of patiance with exposure controls and a steady hand.

Last edited by Turnbull2000 : Jul 3, 2004 at 01:29 PM.
Turnbull2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 06:17 PM   #324
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Try finding a better picture of the Atari Jaguar..

Uber-Duber full size picture: http://www.crawspace.com/web/g507l.jpg
Old Jul 5, 2004, 02:00 AM   #325
Xander
Naval | Gamer

Fourth of July in my town (pics taken from the end of our road).

Old Jul 6, 2004, 05:26 PM   #326
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

I went to the London F1 parade tonight Man the place was mobbed, trying to get somewhere to be able to see any action was near on impossible, but I climbed some guard rails and managed a couple of decent enough pics. The rail was wobbling all over the place as people clambered on, so guess these arn't too bad

View from where I was

A Jaguar doing a burnout

Jenson Button in his BAR breaking into a corner

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 09:46 AM   #327
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

hobs0n is still being judged by the masses

Thats some phat cars
hobs0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 05:06 PM   #328
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Pittsburgh, PA. Taken from the roof of the tallest building in the city.

Large version: http://www.crawspace.com/web/g508l.jpg

And for those interested in texture work:

http://www.crawspace.com/web/g509l.jpg
Old Jul 10, 2004, 06:45 PM   #329
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

One of my better shots of Diamond Head crater in Oahu, Hawaii. Stupid overcast week

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Jul 10, 2004 at 07:47 PM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 07:01 PM   #330
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Here's one of my kid bro at Hanauma Bay on Oahu Island, Hawaii.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Jul 10, 2004 at 07:48 PM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote