Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:42 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazzor View Post
icecold are you retarded, since when has UT ever truly been a console game and you know for fact that the only true version they are working on without any limitations is the pc version, go play unreal championship 2 please. There is going to be a pc port to ps3 and later on, maybe a year from pc and ps3 release they will more than likely release a 360 version, but to this point all the media has been pc and its the best looking because pc have more raw power than any console will ever, and 8800gtx pawns every console already and we haven't even seen any R600 yet, so don't bother arguing about consoles, please go back and troll the console section.
Yeah, no kidding.
That icecold guy relentlessly goes around here spreading BS and doesn't know when to stop.

Do us all a favor and just go back to console land.

Even if (and that's a huge if) this was the console version, I guarantee the PC version will look better as UT2007 (now UT3) has been reported to be one of the games that will have DX10 support added to it via a patch.

Not to mention the fact that PC's today already have way more raw power than any console, and that disparity will only increase in the months to come, so anything the console version can do, the PC version can do it better. Graphics. Sound. Controls. Everything. This isn't even a point of debate anyhow as UT2007 has been designed with the PC predominantly in mind.

Though Midway has yet to announce anything more than a PC version of the game, it's a common assumption that the game will make its way to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3146307

It was only several months later when the PS3 version was mentioned, and even a few more months after that before there were ever even any hints of an X360 version:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11467/...ion-Confirmed/

However, it's been in the PC pipeline before the other 2 potential versions were even a pipe dream.

Go troll elsewhere now, seriously!

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 25, 2007 at 09:46 PM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:09 PM   #32
Hellrazzor
Radeon R700

Hellrazzor is still being judged by the masses

I personally don't have a problem with the game coming to the consoles, what ticks me off though is the fact that the release date is unclear and I am afraid they are trying to make the game console friendly and include a single player component, haven't we waited enough as pc gamers, do we have to wait for sp2 on vista before we get this game.
16 gigs G.skill DDR3
1300 watt EVGA Supernova
Asus Sabertooth X79
Logitech G27 wheel
ASUS MG279Q [email protected]
------------------
Hellrazzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:09 PM   #33
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Wow you guys are brutal and down right nasty. Who really cares about Unreal anymore anyways? Its old and worn out. All it is, is more deathmatch in a prettier box! Give me a game with a compelling story with say 10-15 hours in a good single player game with a little multilayer added on if I want too.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:13 PM   #34
Hellrazzor
Radeon R700

Again UT has never been a sp game, some people like to play it online and offline but mainly its the great mp that makes UT so good, if you want single player than by all means play singleplayer games that are story driven, gears of wars would be one example(minus story from what I have heard), i still want to try that game, but first need a new 50inch tv and then purchase a 360. I am just fearful that the game is not going to deliver, I mean look at serious sam 2, that game sucked in my eyes compared to the original games which were awesome both visuals and just felt more grand, they release it for the xbox also and that crapped the game down, from the menus to the way the game played threw out basically. lets just hope UT3 doesn't suffer the same fate.
16 gigs G.skill DDR3
1300 watt EVGA Supernova
Asus Sabertooth X79
Logitech G27 wheel
------------------

Last edited by Hellrazzor : Jan 25, 2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:18 PM   #35
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

We're only nasty on morons who deserve it.

Shark was bad enough (he seems to have learned his lesson) spreading 360 **** when owning one, but Icecold keeps saying **** about how the PCs are crap compared to the current consoles, but he doesn't even own one.

We're just sick of his uneducated, ignorant, leap-before-you-turn-around **** he keeps slinging. Even when we proove him dead wrong he's still right, just because his brain is too underdeveloped to comprehend anything beyond graphics.

[/rant]
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:28 PM   #36
Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazzor View Post
Again UT has never been a sp game, some people like to play it online and offline but mainly its the great mp that makes UT so good, if you want single player than by all means play singleplayer games that are story driven, gears of wars would be one example(minus story from what I have heard), i still want to try that game, but first need a new 50inch tv and then purchase a 360. I am just fearful that the game is not going to deliver, I mean look at serious sam 2, that game sucked in my eyes compared to the original games which were awesome both visuals and just felt more grand, they release it for the xbox also and that crapped the game down, from the menus to the way the game played threw out basically. lets just hope UT3 doesn't suffer the same fate.
Oh man Gears of War delivers! Big time!
And yes Dark_Swordmaster I have a 360 and my PC and I love them both. Matter of fact my PC will always be my first love.
But you can't call people "Morons" Its a personal insult! If he is posting anti PC pro 360 stuff in here report his post, and someone will have a look at it. But calling him a moron will just get you banned.

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:31 PM   #37
Hellrazzor
Radeon R700

I am sorry for snapping too, i shouldn't have called him a Tard, but he keeps following me even at nvnews.net, what am i supposed to do carry pepper spray.(hope i dont get called a homo for posting to many happy hearts)
16 gigs G.skill DDR3
1300 watt EVGA Supernova
Asus Sabertooth X79
Logitech G27 wheel
------------------

Last edited by Hellrazzor : Jan 25, 2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:31 PM   #38
Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
it is xbox 360 media.
I see what these guys are talking about! So do you have proof? Post a link or STFU!!! Plain and simple......

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:43 PM   #39
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I love consoles. I hate cosole kiddies. Simple as that. Mature people who can play a console and not downtalk anything else own.

And console playing PC'ers > x^infinity(3.14159)
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:01 PM   #40
cjl64
The Mod has you....

cjl64 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Yeah Vengeance, I have a mild temper and can try to see other people views. But icecold1983 is a hard one to tolerate sometimes as he just seems to post BS all the time. I mean there are other members that can be realy annoying.... but they do tend to actually support there claims... icecold1983 is like a spam bot of pure bull plop!!!!!!
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:05 PM   #41
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm annoying! I have a short fuse! I shoot my mouth off when I blow! I try to support my often ill-founded claims!

Yet I would consider myself a quality member, if only because I attempt to use the best English I can.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:06 PM   #42
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Wow you guys are brutal and down right nasty. Who really cares about Unreal anymore anyways? Its old and worn out. All it is, is more deathmatch in a prettier box! Give me a game with a compelling story with say 10-15 hours in a good single player game with a little multilayer added on if I want too.
I haven't finished a single UT single player game.

But I've logged hundreds of hours in UT2004. And probably more than 50 in 2k3 and 99. Why?

Fun online play.... yeah.... but mods. Not only downloading and fiddiling with them (great for a LAN) but building them... that's most of what I'm looking foward to with 2k7/ut3/whatever.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:08 PM   #43
cjl64
The Mod has you....

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
I'm annoying! I have a short fuse! I shoot my mouth off when I blow! I try to support my often ill-founded claims!

Yet I would consider myself a quality member, if only because I attempt to use the best English I can.
Like i mentioned in another thread... you can be harsh... but you make it work most of the time regardless of what you post. You are like Simon Cowell, harsh but straight forward and I can respect that.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:12 PM   #44
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa View Post
Even if (and that's a huge if) this was the console version, I guarantee the PC version will look better as UT2007 (now UT3) has been reported to be one of the games that will have DX10 support added to it via a patch.
I find this hostility in all of you, PC and console fanboys alike, so incredibly sad...

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that PC's today already have way more raw power than any console, and that disparity will only increase in the months to come, so anything the console version can do, the PC version can do it better. Graphics. Sound. Controls. Everything. This isn't even a point of debate anyhow as UT2007 has been designed with the PC predominantly in mind.
PCs can do better. But they don't.

When it comes to multiplatform titles, it happens very, VERY often that the only thing the PC does better is framerate and resolution and perhaps, if you're lucky, controls. Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time looks best on GameCube. Halo: Combat Evolved was downscaled for PCs because PCs couldn't do all the effects. Plenty of multiplatform titles (Freedom Fighters being one of them) have co-op on consoles but not on PC. Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter and Rainbow Six: Vegas are arguably much much better games on Xbox 360 than on PC.

Now, I don't go on a silly rant every two SECONDS how the consoles are superior. Because I like the PC - I do, much more so than any other platform. But all this talk of superiority, especially when you're talking hardware, is so utterly senseless and devoid of a gamer's spirit when you just face up to the games and see that time and time again the PC is far, FAR from being the absolute best platform available. Sometimes games are better on PC - you don't get Battlefield, World of Warcraft or Age of Mythology on a gamepad. Sometimes they're better on one of the consoles, sometimes you just don't get them on PC ever no matter how much RAM or how many CPU cores you have. There's only one way to get the best, and that's to get it all. When you can afford the latest and greatest DX10 hardware to play UT3 with DX10 graphics, in my opinion you have very, very little excuse not to own one or more consoles as well. As the rep system says, spread the love.
Quote:
However, it's been in the PC pipeline before the other 2 potential versions were even a pipe dream.

Go troll elsewhere now, seriously!
Unreal Engine 3 was built from the ground up as a multiplatform engine. I don't know what platforms Epic was targeting the very first day they started developing UT3 on UE3 - I don't know, you don't know, and Epic probably didn't even know themselves. One thing's for sure though, and that's that the game was shown for PS3 at E3 2005, not on PC. I highly doubt this is a predominantly PC-developed game - I think UT3 is one of the few games developed with all target platforms in mind right from the start. That box on the shelf late this year will probably contain the exact same thing regardless of the platform logo. Some optimizations here, some optimizations there, but the same high-res next-gen UT3 everywhere.

Oh and one more thing:
I don't much care for more UT. Quake Arena... For life.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:14 PM   #45
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
And console playing PC'ers > x^infinity(3.14159)
is this even mathematically correct??

anyway UT3 sucks, I liked UT 2007 better.
who knows maybe they might change it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:21 PM   #46
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yes.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:26 PM   #47
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

UT3? Eh, they should just follow the scheme they put in place, the years.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:28 PM   #48
cjl64
The Mod has you....

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
I find this hostility in all of you, PC and console fanboys alike, so incredibly sad...

PCs can do better. But they don't.

When it comes to multiplatform titles, it happens very, VERY often that the only thing the PC does better is framerate and resolution and perhaps, if you're lucky, controls. Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time looks best on GameCube. Halo: Combat Evolved was downscaled for PCs because PCs couldn't do all the effects. Plenty of multiplatform titles (Freedom Fighters being one of them) have co-op on consoles but not on PC. Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter and Rainbow Six: Vegas are arguably much much better games on Xbox 360 than on PC.

Now, I don't go on a silly rant every two SECONDS how the consoles are superior. Because I like the PC - I do, much more so than any other platform. But all this talk of superiority, especially when you're talking hardware, is so utterly senseless and devoid of a gamer's spirit when you just face up to the games and see that time and time again the PC is far, FAR from being the absolute best platform available. Sometimes games are better on PC - you don't get Battlefield, World of Warcraft or Age of Mythology on a gamepad. Sometimes they're better on one of the consoles, sometimes you just don't get them on PC ever no matter how much RAM or how many CPU cores you have. There's only one way to get the best, and that's to get it all. When you can afford the latest and greatest DX10 hardware to play UT3 with DX10 graphics, in my opinion you have very, very little excuse not to own one or more consoles as well. As the rep system says, spread the love.
Unreal Engine 3 was built from the ground up as a multiplatform engine. I don't know what platforms Epic was targeting the very first day they started developing UT3 on UE3 - I don't know, you don't know, and Epic probably didn't even know themselves. One thing's for sure though, and that's that the game was shown for PS3 at E3 2005, not on PC. I highly doubt this is a predominantly PC-developed game - I think UT3 is one of the few games developed with all target platforms in mind right from the start. That box on the shelf late this year will probably contain the exact same thing regardless of the platform logo. Some optimizations here, some optimizations there, but the same high-res next-gen UT3 everywhere.

Oh and one more thing:
I don't much care for more UT. Quake Arena... For life.
I don't consider myself a total fan boy of the PC... but if you check my sig my money goes towards my PC first. I will be getting my new 42" LCD soon enough... when i do then i will be getting a 360.

Your whole post is the total truth and i wish everyone would get that it's about taste and your personal needs. Consoles offer games that are awesome in themselves and i do respect that. The PC will always be my 1st love. But the ones that try to argue one way or the other must have another agenda for posting there negativity. i would +rep you but i did not long ago and will try when i can again. Too bad the fighting will never stop however
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:33 PM   #49
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
...snip
Incorrect.

There was NO PS3 at E3 2005. In fact there was no UT on a PS3 at E3 '05. There were however PS3 dev kits, and guess what those dev kits were, PC's.

UE3 engine was first demoed on a PC. This is a fact.
Furthermore, here is the first time it was ever demoed:
Here are all of the available Unreal Engine 3 PC screenshots. You can sort these Unreal Engine 3 screens by Latest, to see the most recent screens first, or by Highest Rated, to see all of the best screens first.
Thu Mar 10 00:22:32 PST 2005

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3138759&sec=IMAGES

Remember those?
Those were for a PC demonstration taken back in March of 05, as a means to show off the SM3.0 and DX9 features of the engine.

And of course they have made the engine multi-platform, but when was the last time one of their engines has not been as such?

Furthermore, UT2007, as my source above proves, was first announced to be in development for a PC.

It bares reminding:
Though Midway has yet to announce anything more than a PC version of the game, it's a common assumption that the game will make its way to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well.

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 25, 2007 at 11:37 PM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:39 PM   #50
Vengeance

Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:22 AM   #51
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

this forum is seriously ridiculous, if u dont have enough common sense to figure out that its xbox 360 media than whatever.

also venge i wonder if u even read my posts b4 listening to these idiots

"this game has gone multi platform 360 p3 pc....ughhhh i hope they dont pull an ubisoft."

was the first one

"this is all xbox 360 media, lets hope epic continues its high quality pc work"

was the second one. explain to me where im breaking any rules.
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:24 AM   #52
Vengeance

Quote:
this forum is seriously ridiculous, if u dont have enough common sense to figure out that its xbox 360 media than whatever.

"this game has gone multi platform 360 p3 pc....ughhhh i hope they dont pull an ubisoft."

was the first one

He's got me He's got me!

Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:25 AM   #53
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Incorrect.

There was NO PS3 at E3 2005. In fact there was no UT on a PS3 at E3 '05. There were however PS3 dev kits, and guess what those dev kits were, PC's.
Console games are developed on PC. So much for that argument. I said it was shown for PS3, and that it was. UT3 is a multiplatform title, as valid on consoles as it is on PC.

Quote:
And of course they have made the engine multi-platform, but when was the last time one of their engines has not been as such?
UE2 grew into a multiplatform engine, but it wasn't originally designed to be as multiplatform-catered as UE3. I think the massive amount of UE3 console games should serve as enough proof of this, contrary to UE2 which was first used for Unreal 2 on PC.

Quote:
Furthermore, UT2007, as my source above proves, was first announced to be in development for a PC.
Doesn't matter what it was first announced for. I think we both know the whole dance of exclusive titles is very important on consoles. I don't feel like digging it up, but what platform was Deus Ex 2 first announced for?

Hamixda, have you ever enjoyed a console game in your life?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:25 AM   #54
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:

was the first one

Proof would be common sense. Got any?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:34 AM   #55
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Incorrect.

UE3 engine was first demoed on a PC. This is a fact.
Furthermore, here is the first time it was ever demoed:
Here are all of the available Unreal Engine 3 PC screenshots. You can sort these Unreal Engine 3 screens by Latest, to see the most recent screens first, or by Highest Rated, to see all of the best screens first.
Thu Mar 10 00:22:32 PST 2005

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3138759&sec=IMAGES

Remember those?
Those were for a PC demonstration taken back in March of 05, as a means to show off the SM3.0 and DX9 features of the engine.

It bares reminding:
Yeah it was developed for/on PCs. When the project was started, the consoles were no were near where they are now in terms of capability, and building the new engine to an xbox's specs or a gamecube's specs would have been stupid.

They first demo'd it on PCs because they were the only things (publicly announced and in production) which could come close to demonstrating the engine... I remember a dev saying that the latest compy with the 6800 Ultra (best of it's time) on the unoptimized engine could pump 5-6 fps, and that was considered good. With no 360 and no PS3, there simply was no chance to have them in mind when first starting work on the engine.

That being said, Epic has a history of making their Unreal engines extremely multiplatform, variations of UE2.5 made it's way to all 3 last gen consoles, PCs, Macs, and Linux machines.... in fact Epic made games for everything but the PS2 and the GC if I remember correctly. So they had consoles in mind, and probably inquired into what MS, Sony, and Nintendo would be putting out in the coming years to get an idea of where they could use their products, there is no doubt this was considered in development, especially considering several UE3 games are already out on consoles.

And finally, the dev kit argument really doesn't mean anything. Every modern console can fully be called a computer, and since consoles generally lack storage space and IO/Debug options (intentionally of course) you need a modified console or a computer with similarly performing hardware.... this is how ALL development is done on dev kit machines.... that's just the way it is and I don't think it should count as being programmed for a PC just because of it.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:12 AM   #56
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
ut2k7 = should be ut4 you crazy fools.
ut2k3 is sortof the bastard child that people try to ignore.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:57 AM   #57
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
ut2k7 = should be ut4 you crazy fools.
Ah except the ut2k4 engine is known as ut2b I believe. So ut3 would be appropriate.
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:37 AM   #58
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Wild View Post
Ah except the ut2k4 engine is known as ut2b I believe. So ut3 would be appropriate.
yeah but i wasn't going by engine name.. i was going by order number
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:53 AM   #59
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Wasnt too happy with that footage, IMO it just looked like a slightly prettier version of UT2004, i think this will be the general concensus when it arrives.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:05 AM   #60
The Destroyer
Radeon R300

The Destroyer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeah, the naming scheme now doesn't make any sense.

Also, will we be able to play consolers online?

Oh how I would love that!
I feel a few God-Likes coming my way.

Yes, that would own. They better not auto-aim for joypads either, let's have a straight fight.
The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote