Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:30 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Rumor of x670 chipset coming with zen3.

Wouldnt be surprised if the only update vs x570 was a fanless chipset...

https://twitter.com/planet3dnow/stat...81551533658112

Quote:
Uniko's Hardware
@unikoshardware
X670 only!
No B650 and others.
3:20 PM · Sep 18, 2020·Twitter for Android

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:29 PM   #62
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What happened to the 10-core?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2020, 02:10 AM   #63
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AMD To Move More Of Its Business To TSMC
https://seekingalpha.com/article/437...siness-to-tsmc
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 28, 2020, 04:08 PM   #64
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X “Vermeer” 12 Core & 24 Thread Zen 3 CPU Allegedly Up To 5 GHz With 150W TDP
Quote:
As for the alleged specifications, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is said to feature an IPC improvement of up to 20%. One of the main areas of improvement where AMD has put lots of effort into tuning on Zen 3 is the clock frequencies. As such, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is said to reach boost clocks of up to 5 GHz. That's a +300 MHz improvement over the Ryzen 9 3900XT

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-590...-ghz-150w-tdp/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2020, 04:20 PM   #65
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

150w TDP.. People complain about Intel but will applaud that? That's insane power draw with a very small surface area to dissipate heat. I'll buy one for sure if that's the case, but people who banged Intel for "14nm plus x100 durrrr hot chips durrrr" will look awfully hypocritical praising those kind of numbers.

Oh, and +300Mhz improvement over 3900XT? Who are we kidding that's BS single-core boost that it rarely holds. I don't know too many hitting 4.5-4.6 all-core..

Excited for this platform regardless, but can't wait to see how people backpedal out of the hypocrisy.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2020, 04:37 PM   #66
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

5 Ghz is a magic number for marketing purposes.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2020, 05:04 PM   #67
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure how they measure tdp... is it max tdp at single core boost or all core boost? Does it include the IO die?

intel currently has up to 260w so not sure Id worry if 150w ryzen 4k was max tdp.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/intel-...1-pl2-and-tau/

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 28, 2020, 05:15 PM   #68
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 10900K has a TDP of 125 watts. If the new Ryzen can do 5ghz all core rather than single core boost it will break TDP just like the Intel chips do. I think my two year old I9 9900K has a TDP of 95 watts but it can pull 180 watts at 5Ghz all core during benchmarks.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:45 PM   #69
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Early benches of the 5800x vs 10900k

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/statu...96311017345025

Not bad seems to beat the intel part 166 fps to 136 fps on the cpu test. 10-15%?

And the ryzen is 8 core vs the intel 10 core...

https://www.ashesofthesingularity.co...22%3Atr ue%7D

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : Sep 28, 2020 at 11:51 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 05:52 AM   #70
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

if it can beat intel 10 series by 15% at cpu bound games then it would be like what, 30-40% faster than ryzen 3000 series per core? that would be historic jump in IPC.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 06:02 AM   #71
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well, if it's 15% ipc increase as rumored, and another 500Mhz clock speed.. those are certainly possible numbers. I hope so!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 29, 2020, 06:54 AM   #72
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Man if an 8 core Ryzen is 10-15% faster than 10900k, intel is screwed. They would be lucky just to match it with RKL, but will probably still fall short.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:25 AM   #73
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It will be interesting to see if the ryzen 5xxx launch will be ****ed up by bots too.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:51 AM   #74
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It will be interesting to see if the ryzen 5xxx launch will be ****ed up by bots too.
Something tells me AMD has more stock on hand than the 15 3080 cards that have made it out so far.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:57 AM   #75
Mangler
PC

How the 3300x launch turned out has me worried, AMD is no stranger to paper launches.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:01 AM   #76
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
How the 3300x launch turned out has me worried, AMD is no stranger to paper launches.
Even if AMD comes out in volume the damned bots are likely to get them all.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:01 AM   #77
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Don't think I will be building a new rig this year at this rate. All AMD processors will be swiped in first 2-3 months. And 3080 doesn't seem to be coming out at MSRP unless you are lucky and stay awake at US times. So yeah. Will see what's up next year and then build.

Heart is set on a 5900X build.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 05:37 PM   #78
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
150w TDP.. People complain about Intel but will applaud that? That's insane power draw with a very small surface area to dissipate heat.
Get a IceGiant
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 06:05 PM   #79
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Get a IceGiant
Custom loop >
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:14 PM   #80
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Get a IceGiant

looking forward to final reviews to see how it does. Very interested in using it for my custom builds I do for others where full water is not an option due to maintenance

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:20 PM   #81
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

CPU monkey has Cinebench results for all of the X parts

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_family-amd_ryzen-32

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:26 PM   #82
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I wonder who's results those are..
Old Sep 30, 2020, 04:04 PM   #83
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That's way better than I expected, can't wait
Old Sep 30, 2020, 05:27 PM   #84
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
CPU monkey has Cinebench results for all of the X parts

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_family-amd_ryzen-32
They list prices on there even tho the amazon links dont work. 500$ CAD for a 5900x? Seems low...

Vs my 1700x which scores 344 in single core its almost double the perf...

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : Sep 30, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 06:52 PM   #85
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Thank god on that because the single-core performance of the first gen Ryzen chips were terrible .. lol
Old Sep 30, 2020, 07:23 PM   #86
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Back then didnt seem to matter too much for other than 1080p gaming... It ran fine and was a good uplift from the BD 8350.

AMD is on a role tho if it can do these kinds of uplifts regularly I can only wonder how much better it will get in another couple years/gens.

But this gen is such a good uplift Id really like to upgrade but hate to buy another mobo.

Id almost wish am5 was really more like an am4+ and compatible and we got an x670 that was forward compatible for a few years/gens with ddr4 and ddr5 (like we saw with am2 to am3 and ddr2 to ddr3 compat on same mobo), pcie5, usb4.0. Id buy that on day one.

And not a series end mobo like 520-550-570 that wont upgrade maybe more than one tick off of Ryzen 5000...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 30, 2020, 09:17 PM   #87
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

grain of salt with the cpu monkey stuff, they say
Quote:
The information shown below is based on a pre-sample. Technical details or benchmark results may be different in the final version of this processor.
which would indicate an engineering sample or QC sample.

Or they are just pulling it out their rears and making it up.

Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:49 AM   #88
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Oct 1, 2020, 09:24 PM   #89
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Back then didnt seem to matter too much for other than 1080p gaming... It ran fine and was a good uplift from the BD 8350..
It has always mattered.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 09:50 PM   #90
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Not at 4k/60 it didnt at the time (2017 on)...

www.realitysandwich.com