Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 31, 2020, 05:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Battlefield 2042

Quote:
CFO Blake Jorgenson mentioned how their live services have seen a record high in the last twelve months. After some financial jargon he finally states EA will “continue to drive growth in fiscal 2021 and for growth to accelerate in fiscal 2022, led by a new battlefield”.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 05:22 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Only a matter of time before the next one hits. Maybe I can be more interested in the next than V.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 05:44 PM   #3
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It will include the ladies.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2020, 05:53 PM   #4
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hopefully it's not trash like BFV. Apparently management has changed at DICE and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. It's still nearly 2 years away.

I bet it will be modern warfare.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 06:13 PM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I want bf2142 successor

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 07:58 PM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I want bf2142 successor
Same, gimme 2143.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 09:50 PM   #7
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The BFV is great and I had a blast with it but I can wait for a new MP shooter till next year. These shooters typically eat 1-3 months of gaming time. Already spent all Jan on MW alone.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2020, 05:12 AM   #8
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'd wager Vietnam / Korea combo. Because MIG17 BZZZZZZZZ.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2020, 09:55 AM   #9
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
I'd wager Vietnam / Korea combo. Because MIG17 BZZZZZZZZ.
That would be interesting....

yoz
Old Feb 2, 2020, 07:59 AM   #10
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

I'd like to see BF6 be a BF4 refresh. I have not been impressed with BF1/BF5. Maybe because I don't like world war style weaponry.

Classic maps should be included to begin with.

With how frequent they release the games, maybe go for a more modular approach for building the games, using older content and improving it rather than rebuilding everything again and calling it new.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:30 PM   #11
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
I'd like to see BF6 be a BF4 refresh. I have not been impressed with BF1/BF5. Maybe because I don't like world war style weaponry.
Maybe they could go back to cave-man times like Far Cry did?

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:38 AM   #12
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They have so many assets for so many wars now, I wonder if they could just make a "best of" and have battles spanning from WWI through modern combat era in one game? I would love that.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:34 PM   #13
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

We can have Battlefield Vietnam again only if they include the music player that came with it.

Nothing better than diving for the weeds because you hear someone coming down the road blaring 'Unfortunate Son'.

Then you pick your head up and realize it's the enemy in an up-armored Vespa scooter.
AllexxisF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 01:38 PM   #14
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

I used to watch my cousin play Empire Earth, and he'd set up battles between cave-men and modern soldiers, etc. I'd love to see Battlefield go that direction.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 09:28 AM   #15
acroig
Troll SMod

Default Battlefield 6 thread

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2021, 09:32 AM   #16
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes please.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 09:35 AM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Maybe they'll take some notes from Hell Let Loose, since another developer managed to make a game that's better at being Battlefield than Battlefield is.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:50 AM   #18
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think the thing that Battlefield has struggled with is trying to figure out what it should play like. Call of Duty overall always plays like a CoD game. Battlefield, though, feels very different from game to game... sometimes better, and sometimes worse. I still think that the shooting and gameplay has not yet matched up to Bad Company 2, even though it was a dumbed-down Battlefield game mostly. I think I enjoyed BF3, didn't buy BF4, BF1 was great but BF5 didn't play as well as I had hoped.

But I'm hopeful they can do something great, so I'm not counting them out yet.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:50 AM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I'm in if it's good. Something wasn't right with the latest release.

Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:39 AM   #20
KAC
It might be gays!

Loved BF3, 4, BF1 and BFV. Stopped playing because it was becoming stale after 250 hours. Am ready for the next one.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 04:16 PM   #21
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Bitches please... I still play btw.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 04:49 PM   #22
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Jan 19, 2021, 05:26 PM   #23
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Brah, you find a thread on Rage from a year ago...

Mods, please combine, Mega getting attitude. TY

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2021, 07:36 PM   #24
Megaman
Packing heat!

I don’t care. Be more mindful of my efforts

That said I want you banned, 2 weeks minimum.

Old Jan 19, 2021, 09:37 PM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I don’t care. Be more mindful of my efforts

That said I want you banned, 2 weeks minimum.

Thanks mods for combining the threads. Now ban my ass so Mega is happy again.....

yoz
Old Jan 20, 2021, 06:28 PM   #26
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Giant 128 player maps sounds awesome and a welcome change from the status quo of 64 player servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I think the thing that Battlefield has struggled with is trying to figure out what it should play like. Call of Duty overall always plays like a CoD game. Battlefield, though, feels very different from game to game... sometimes better, and sometimes worse. I still think that the shooting and gameplay has not yet matched up to Bad Company 2, even though it was a dumbed-down Battlefield game mostly. I think I enjoyed BF3, didn't buy BF4, BF1 was great but BF5 didn't play as well as I had hoped.

But I'm hopeful they can do something great, so I'm not counting them out yet.
They really struggled to nail it down. BF:BC2 was cool, loved the rush mode and the maps. But it just struggled after that and felt kinda weird. BF3 & BF4 are a complete blur as to what was different when I try and think back on them. BF:1 and BF:V(5) where both kinda fun? But they also feel kinda weird every-time I try and go back to them.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 06:31 PM   #27
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Giant 128 player maps sounds awesome and a welcome change from the status quo of 64 player servers.

They really struggled to nail it down. BF:BC2 was cool, loved the rush mode and the maps. But it just struggled after that and felt kinda weird. BF3 & BF4 are a complete blur as to what was different when I try and think back on them. BF:1 and BF:V(5) where both kinda fun? But they feel kinda weird every-time I try and go back to them.

I agree 2,3 and 4 felt like battlefield games. every game after that has felt like they changed something in the core formula or at least in the gun play. I think at the point they started to go more dramatic and realistic feel is when they started to go south on the gameplay.

Old Jan 20, 2021, 11:07 PM   #28
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post

They really struggled to nail it down. BF:BC2 was cool, loved the rush mode and the maps. But it just struggled after that and felt kinda weird. BF3 & BF4 are a complete blur as to what was different when I try and think back on them. BF:1 and BF:V(5) where both kinda fun? But they also feel kinda weird every-time I try and go back to them.
Yep. I think you nailed it. BC2 was the only one where rush mode was fun but maps were too small for conquest. I think BF3 was okay and I played a lot of it and agree that the two recent ones just felt weird.

DICE is great at making pretty games but they just can't nail down the fun action.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 03:52 AM   #29
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I want bf2142 successor
I’m sure I have the 2142 somewhere, not played in a while, worth reinstalling for nostalgia?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 07:23 AM   #30
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
I’m sure I have the 2142 somewhere, not played in a while, worth reinstalling for nostalgia?
Not sure it is, servers were down and cannot log in. Unofficial support was sent a cease and desist letter from EA and so it died again.

Have not checked recently.

yoz