Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 24, 2021, 02:29 PM   #1951
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

You don't want it bad enough. Just comes down to that, like a lot of things. Whether it's camping out to buy one or paying over msrp, we all (well most lol) work to play. It took work, a chore, to get the money for the computer.
I have a 3070 and it was kind of easy to get one so I bought it. I have a life and I don't have time to fight on a computer in order to give MY money for a service or product I want. I am not begging someone to take my hard earned money. If the product is not readily available to me then it's not worth my precious time to fight to get it.

Unlike the whiners here video cards are not worth that kind of effort for me as much as I like PC gaming.

The last sentence in your quote reeks of semantics.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 05:13 PM   #1952
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I bought mine close to MSRP as close as they were here in Canada. I still wouldn't spend over $500 $CAD on a video card as I play 1-2 games a year. I can see mining for me being done in some months. There won't be a reason for me to get the next gen stuff at these prices.

And Nigel is right.. if you can't walk into a store to buy a product it's probably not worth the effort
Old Apr 24, 2021, 06:13 PM   #1953
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post

And Nigel is right.. if you can't walk into a store to buy a product it's probably not worth the effort
Or if you can't find it online in a legit way from a legit seller.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2021, 09:18 PM   #1954
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Right then so you wouldn't ever camp out in line to get concert tickets either. It's the same concept.

Your money, your time, and your choice.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2021, 09:28 PM   #1955
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I have a 3070 and it was kind of easy to get one so I bought it. I have a life and I don't have time to fight on a computer in order to give MY money for a service or product I want. I am not begging someone to take my hard earned money. If the product is not readily available to me then it's not worth my precious time to fight to get it.

Unlike the whiners here video cards are not worth that kind of effort for me as much as I like PC gaming.

The last sentence in your quote reeks of semantics.
You know, you just sounded like someone else that got a warning in another thread. Just because you don't think an expenditure of time or money is worth it it does not follow that you can call someone a whiner.

So let's remember that people can make their own choices without the need of name calling. Considering that I gave that warning to someone that did this to you I'm very surprised to see you do it here.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2021, 09:58 PM   #1956
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Very poor earn rates this weekend. Quite PO since I won’t hit my 1300 bucks target it seems like.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:04 PM   #1957
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You know, you just sounded like someone else that got a warning in another thread. Just because you don't think an expenditure of time or money is worth it it does not follow that you can call someone a whiner.

So let's remember that people can make their own choices without the need of name calling. Considering that I gave that warning to someone that did this to you I'm very surprised to see you do it here.
Noted.

Now and then I need a stern wake up call.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 06:36 AM   #1958
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Very poor earn rates this weekend. Quite PO since I won’t hit my 1300 bucks target it seems like.
After a record mon-thu, fri-sun were under the usual. BTC wise was great though. Changed into altcoins and making $ fast as everything climbs. Time to make some money boys!!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 07:17 AM   #1959
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bitcoin and eth dipped over the weekend and from what I understand eth gas was low as well. Was even worse for me because I convert earnings to monero and the price was up for that coin.

From what I've seen discussed online, when the July eth update hits earnings will typically be more in line with what we saw over last weekend.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Apr 26, 2021, 09:33 AM   #1960
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://ycharts.com/indicators/ether...20yea r%20ago.

If you check the chart. Yesterday's has fees were the lowest so far this year. Yikes. They were amazing April 20.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 11:04 PM   #1961
Riptide

Another day, four in a row now, with low gas. Looks like possibly a trend, four straight days, and will be even worse in July. Think 30-40 the new normal.

https://cryptobriefing.com/why-gas-f...cret-bot-wars/

^^ Not good, the party may be over already boyos. The bots were probably a scam IMO, but we were partly the unintended beneficiaries.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Apr 28, 2021, 01:03 AM   #1962
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t even understand what this is about.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 04:13 PM   #1963
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Another day, four in a row now, with low gas. Looks like possibly a trend, four straight days, and will be even worse in July. Think 30-40 the new normal.

https://cryptobriefing.com/why-gas-f...cret-bot-wars/

^^ Not good, the party may be over already boyos. The bots were probably a scam IMO, but we were partly the unintended beneficiaries.
They mentioned that Miner Extracted Value MEV or whatever was a way for some pools to mine more $. .guess that's taken care of now too?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 08:16 PM   #1964
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

MEV is maximal extractable value or something. I can never remember
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:28 PM   #1965
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
March was a great month. I went from $200 wallet balance to $755 wallet balance. I was expecting more in the incremental $380-400 mark, but with BTC climbing it helped increase the earning rate and also price effect. This is with me mining non stop except when gaming. Another major thing I did was to play on my 3070 PC and not on my 3090 PC. That meant bulk of the earning rate was non stop.

Very happy with the outcome. Next milestone is to hit about $1300 by end of April. If that happens my 3090 and 5900X PC incremental cost will be fully paid up.
April report. A shorter month and a few dimes below but BTC kicked back higher. Instead of hitting the 1300 caps that I wanted I hit 1200. It is still not bad. Just a few bucks short of paying up my 5900X/3090 system.

So in May one PC will be paid up and then the long haul to extract another 1430 bucks for my son's rig. Can't complain. I haven't played games on my 5900X/3090 for 2+ months now. The 10700/3070 is a very capable combo and does all that I need for my gaming needs thus far. I strongly suggest anyone looking for an upgrade to buy one of the pre-builts going on the egg for close to $2K. They will have a 10700KF and a 3070. Once overclocked both will give you a gaming experience that will fit most needs at 1440P.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:04 PM   #1966
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
April report. A shorter month and a few dimes below but BTC kicked back higher. Instead of hitting the 1300 caps that I wanted I hit 1200. It is still not bad. Just a few bucks short of paying up my 5900X/3090 system.

So in May one PC will be paid up and then the long haul to extract another 1430 bucks for my son's rig. Can't complain. I haven't played games on my 5900X/3090 for 2+ months now. The 10700/3070 is a very capable combo and does all that I need for my gaming needs thus far. I strongly suggest anyone looking for an upgrade to buy one of the pre-builts going on the egg for close to $2K. They will have a 10700KF and a 3070. Once overclocked both will give you a gaming experience that will fit most needs at 1440P.
Same, I beat Witcher3, Horizon Zero dawn, RDR2, then stopped gaming, it just mines 24/7 now. No good games like those out now. A few more cards need to ROI still, but if I count the gains in trades in currencies, I've made it back already. ETH will pump big by July, I'm hoping it somewhat makes up for the cut in mining revenue.
Old May 1, 2021, 01:30 AM   #1967
KAC
It might be gays!

I still play games but on the 3070. Also I have only 2 cards whereas you have 15.
Old May 1, 2021, 04:30 PM   #1968
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

You need cards to keep each other warm. Literally.
They get lonely.
Old May 3, 2021, 11:40 AM   #1969
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Both eth and profits going back up.
To those in the last bull run, what signs should I look for to know when to sell all and get da faq out?

I'm thinking the day my 90 year old neighbor asks me about "this Bitcoin thing" is the day I know I need to sell off.
Old May 4, 2021, 02:19 PM   #1970
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Chia network went live today. Time to hard drive farm? Seems like the new king of ROI.

I'm expecting network difficulty to shoot straight up into orbit in no time.

Edit: Network difficulty already sky high. I assumed all the Chinese bought out the hard drives

https://chiacalculator.com/

Last edited by Leprechaun : May 4, 2021 at 04:41 PM.
Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 06:55 AM   #1971
Riptide

Eth gas is still meh and probably going to stay that way. We're actually doing something rather similar. Using nicescam people mine eth and then get paid in btc. Using moneroocean I'm mining eth and getting paid in xmr.

Seems to me that eventually, BTC will crash and never recover. Could be years, but I think when that happens we'll see a huge mix up in the space and possibly eth or some other project will take the lead.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old May 5, 2021, 01:33 PM   #1972
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's possible eth takes over in the short term. Currently the whole market tanks when BTC farts.
Old May 6, 2021, 07:53 AM   #1973
Riptide

I've heard people refer to it as 'the reckoning' lol when btc finally gets replaced. Total speculation though on what will happen and exactly when. Could be less than 10 years off, might be longer, who really knows.

From what little I've read about it btc is a pretty poor crypto currency. Slow, with high transaction fees. It's popular because it was the first and has maintained that dominance.

Will be interesting, I hope to see what happens when the cryptpocalypse comes to pass.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old May 6, 2021, 11:12 AM   #1974
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

It will be the flippening. Bitcoin won't be boss anymore. It's just the OG. Trillions of transactions so far without a problem.

Two very green days, making some coin finally
Old May 8, 2021, 02:07 AM   #1975
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Since Riptide seems to not like nicehash lol, any alternatives that can mine Etherium directly to a wallet. Or better to stick with just nicehash, and convert BTC to ETH.
Old May 8, 2021, 01:01 PM   #1976
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

You could mine directly to a pool.

Love the eth price and action..record $51 last 4hr period. Looks like more next period
Old May 8, 2021, 06:43 PM   #1977
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

$234 last 24hrs! This is why GPUs are selling for insane prices.
Chia network doubled in price. Sigh. Now I have to seriously consider HDD mining
Old May 8, 2021, 08:23 PM   #1978
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes even Nicehash is doing well. I don’t understand other things so I will stay with Nicehash. It is second best still in earn rate so I don’t give a crap. Also not sure wtf they gonna take from my HDD. Might be a scam.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:08 PM   #1979
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder how much e-waste Chia mining is going to end up producing?

Seems like a consumer SSD is going to be close to its limit after just one month.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 01:28 PM   #1980
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

A lot, anyone who takes part in Chia for money is just promoting waste.

Mining GPU's can be re-used and pretty much good condition with thermal paste/pads being replaced.

Dead SSD is a dead SSD.