Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 1, 2021, 05:23 PM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Ghost of Tsushima.. wowowowow this game is ****ing PHENOMENAL. You know what pains me the most? How much better it could look on PC with RT, DLSS, and true 4K with higher res textures. This game is seriously gorgeous on the PS5. So much potential!
Don't forget it's a PS4 game that only received a 60fps patch, but not an official PS5 upgrade like some other titles yet.

Even without it, it's still the most beautiful game I've seen on PS5 yet lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 07:15 PM   #962
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nunz welcome to last gen exclusives. .

Next try Last of Us games if haven’t done already and maybe go through the Uncharted series.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 07:52 PM   #963
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don't really like The Last of Us. The entire push for stealth and avoiding combat turned me off. It's the main reason I enjoyed Days Gone so much, as the game let's you just run rampant.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 1, 2021, 07:59 PM   #964
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I'll probably be posting a 'bought' with Returnal soon - gotta argue with myself a bit more Betting you're going to love Ghosts
Did you see the second boss fight? That’s the one that made me buy it. So pretty!

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 09:41 PM   #965
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I don't really like The Last of Us. The entire push for stealth and avoiding combat turned me off. It's the main reason I enjoyed Days Gone so much, as the game let's you just run rampant.
I would say you are missing out. There are only a few real sections of stealth. Most can be played Rambo style. Last of Us 2 is mostly Rambo as well.
Old May 2, 2021, 06:46 AM   #966
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Did you see the second boss fight? That’s the one that made me buy it. So pretty!
Oh you got it! How you liking the gameplay so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I would say you are missing out. There are only a few real sections of stealth. Most can be played Rambo style. Last of Us 2 is mostly Rambo as well.
Agreed. Combat in TLoU2 is brutal, and so satisfying
Old May 2, 2021, 01:33 PM   #967
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Oh you got it! How you liking the gameplay so far?

Agreed. Combat in TLoU2 is brutal, and so satisfying
It’s tricky for sure. Lures you in with some easy enemies then you get these teleporting mfers with rapid fire cannons or some sh*t. Shoot. Die. Repeat.

Pretty fun though. Once you get the patterns down it gets easier. The environs change every time you die, but certain areas are similar.

Graphics are GREAT. Load time nonexistent. Really feels like a PS5 game.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old May 2, 2021, 02:53 PM   #968
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
It’s tricky for sure. Lures you in with some easy enemies then you get these teleporting mfers with rapid fire cannons or some sh*t. Shoot. Die. Repeat.

Pretty fun though. Once you get the patterns down it gets easier. The environs change every time you die, but certain areas are similar.

Graphics are GREAT. Load time nonexistent. Really feels like a PS5 game.
I'm going to decide to not buy it then wake up with that damn thing installed because it's what I do

Old May 2, 2021, 05:20 PM   #969
Cyko
Your New Lord

First boss down. The various enemies you encounter really do help prepare you for the boss. Only died once to him (20 times prior to getting to him though ). In the 2nd area now. Lots of little mechanics that affect the gameplay (parasites, artifacts, weapon stats, etc.).

Weird game, but I’m digging it so far. The way you can feel the rain hitting your suit through the controller is a nice touch.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 2, 2021, 07:35 PM   #970
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
First boss down. The various enemies you encounter really do help prepare you for the boss. Only died once to him (20 times prior to getting to him though ). In the 2nd area now. Lots of little mechanics that affect the gameplay (parasites, artifacts, weapon stats, etc.).

Weird game, but I’m digging it so far. The way you can feel the rain hitting your suit through the controller is a nice touch.
It does sound like fun if expectations of sailing right through are kept in check. I'm going to hold out for a bit, then hit you up for tips and spoilers after you beat the game

Word is a save/quit function might be in the works as well.

I had decided to get my annual Dark Souls 1 run in, so when I've had my fill of that I'll grab this.
Old May 2, 2021, 08:48 PM   #971
Cyko
Your New Lord

Sailing through depends on RNG. I got the right carbine on that last boss run that let me electro-shock that bish into oblivion. Runs before that, while fair, were much harder because of artifacts/parasites not having perks that went my way.

8/10 so far.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 2, 2021, 10:50 PM   #972
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:

Yes I just keep my PS5 controller on my balls for a message while I play Xbox.
Old May 3, 2021, 04:31 AM   #973
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Sailing through depends on RNG. I got the right carbine on that last boss run that let me electro-shock that bish into oblivion. Runs before that, while fair, were much harder because of artifacts/parasites not having perks that went my way.

8/10 so far.
8/10 is pretty compelling Ok, I'm grabbing it this week.

The thought of seeing that next gen goodness on the CX is too much to pass up too.
Old May 3, 2021, 07:04 AM   #974
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man, someone should have told me that Ghost of Tsushima is essentially everything I've ever wanted in a video-game. I haven't felt immersed and compelled to just do side-quests for no reason since The Witcher 3. This game is phenomenal.

I'm playing on Lethal (hardest) and while challenging, I'm not finding myself feeling cheated. I die quite a bit but the combat is so visceral and smooth that I can feel myself getting better as I'm unlocking new abilities/combos/techniques. This is everything I wanted Sekiro to be without the annoying stupidity of ridiculous boss fights with 9 phases simply to be difficult.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 3, 2021, 07:16 AM   #975
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Man, someone should have told me that Ghost of Tsushima is essentially everything I've ever wanted in a video-game. I haven't felt immersed and compelled to just do side-quests for no reason since The Witcher 3. This game is phenomenal.

I'm playing on Lethal (hardest) and while challenging, I'm not finding myself feeling cheated. I die quite a bit but the combat is so visceral and smooth that I can feel myself getting better as I'm unlocking new abilities/combos/techniques. This is everything I wanted Sekiro to be without the annoying stupidity of ridiculous boss fights with 9 phases simply to be difficult.
It's pretty much best game of the past 5 years for me. It's got it all as far as I'm concerned
Old May 3, 2021, 07:40 AM   #976
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Ghost of Tsushima

and you can pet the foxes

only thing that i really hated were those QTE-Challenges, had me yelling at the screen more than just once

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 07:50 AM   #977
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Ghost of Tsushima

and you can pet the foxes

only thing that i really hated were those QTE-Challenges, had me yelling at the screen more than just once

Follow the foxes and yellow doves, hit the bamboo strikes, profit
Old May 3, 2021, 10:18 AM   #978
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I bought Returnal.

Old May 3, 2021, 10:48 AM   #979
KAC
It might be gays!

Sushi ghost is one of the very few games that I ever platinum-ed. So yeah. I love it. Seikro can eat a duck.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:49 PM   #980
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
I bought Returnal.

Let me know your thoughts. I’m in the 2nd area getting gang banged by a certain type of enemy…and I just died. Back to the beginning I go because I didn’t interact with a certain thing that does a certain action

Alpha

Omega

Old May 3, 2021, 01:15 PM   #981
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Let me know your thoughts. I’m in the 2nd area getting gang banged by a certain type of enemy…and I just died. Back to the beginning I go because I didn’t interact with a certain thing that does a certain action
Will do. I'm hoping this is a 3rd person version of Deadcells, because that game is amazing. I'll probably be in game around 1800ish. Got a few things before then that require me to Adult and all that happy nonsense
Old May 3, 2021, 01:32 PM   #982
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

The new MP is hard and fun as well. It's not the deepest multi-player experience ever. But, hey, it was a free patch and some more content after you finish the single player game. The mechanics are similar and different at the same time.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 06:28 PM   #983
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Returnal is an absolute blast to play. It's gorgeous, smooth, badass gunplay, solid enemies...I've died once so far, but I think that was supposed to happen to introduce the roguelike gameplay.

Agreeing with you Cyko, easy 8/10 from me so far...that's after finding 2 carbines and a few upgrades
Old May 3, 2021, 07:49 PM   #984
Cyko
Your New Lord

Glad you’re enjoying it man. Wait until you get to the 2nd area. It’ll unlock some new enemy types in the first biome that are even tougher than the first boss.

Void beam is my favorite alt-fire thus far, followed shortly by the “swarm” one that fires the little green homing projectiles.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 4, 2021, 12:57 AM   #985
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Returnal is an absolute blast to play. It's gorgeous, smooth, badass gunplay, solid enemies...I've died once so far, but I think that was supposed to happen to introduce the roguelike gameplay.

Agreeing with you Cyko, easy 8/10 from me so far...that's after finding 2 carbines and a few upgrades
Thanks this cements it that the game is not for me.
Old May 4, 2021, 04:32 AM   #986
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Glad you’re enjoying it man. Wait until you get to the 2nd area. It’ll unlock some new enemy types in the first biome that are even tougher than the first boss.

Void beam is my favorite alt-fire thus far, followed shortly by the “swarm” one that fires the little green homing projectiles.
This game is setting off my completionist OCD

I got the carbine with the swarm alt-fire, yeah that's sweet, and got the transport mechanisms going, even figured out how to get some of higher up items using the Half-Life critters lol.

I haven't figured out how to get the other items that are out of reach, and even after clearing most of the biome I'm not finding that alien tech I need.

I'm back at the start again too I got almost to the objective and got pummeled.

There's so much to figure out, the perma-death hasn't bothered me yet and I'm seeing some serious re-play value here Breath of fresh air this game is lol.

edit: I'm guessing it's safe to assume I won't be able to get to everything I can see the first time through....

Last edited by Lazy8s : May 4, 2021 at 09:15 AM.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:33 PM   #987
Cyko
Your New Lord

This effing game I hate it so much

But I love it

Alpha

Omega

Old May 5, 2021, 03:54 AM   #988
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'm seriously questioning my ability to beat this game.

But I can't stop trying
Old May 5, 2021, 09:18 AM   #989
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Sushi ghost is one of the very few games that I ever platinum-ed. So yeah. I love it. Seikro can eat a duck.

I watch my girl Sasha Grey (Seikro) always playing this one.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 11:31 PM   #990
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima on hardest difficulty. I was doing quite well most of the game, but the drawn out multiple phases of garbage against Khotun Khan really was a step-back from an otherwise phenomenal, 10/10 game. I'll give it a 9.5. The ending completely redeemed the half hour long frustration, and I'm glad they let you save the game before you choose to kill or spare. Both endings were phenomenal, but I went the Honor route as a Samurai would.

Fantastic story, and I'm going to go through the couple of side-quests I have left, and play Legends with a buddy. I haven't had my fill of spilling Mongol blood!