Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 26, 2021, 08:55 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I can see why he loves it. Very fun so far, and gorgeous to boot.

It does remind me a bit of a dress-up simulator, though. There are many clothing and shoe stores around London for you to customize the look of your character. Just wish there was a hair and nail salon so I could really look pretty.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:59 AM   #272
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Dafuq, I absolutely hate Legion, by far the worst in the series.

I do love WD2 though. If you only played single player, then you basically missed half the game. The online modes like Hacking Invasion and Bounty Hunter are what keeps WD2 alive to this day.

London is utter **** for a location in Legion and the story sucks. Everything cramped, the outer open areas around London were excluded so you're stuck with a tiny map. Bad game mechanics, no weapon choice, online mode currently sucks and will always suck because it's not PvP friendly. Note they didn't include Hacking Invasion, a staple of the Watch Dogs series, in Legion because they couldn't figure out how to make it work in this shitty map/location. For that reason we won't see any PvP modes like Bounty hunter either, so this game will be long forgotten and fizzled out. Unlike WD2 which still lives and breathes to this day due to its massive online community for modes that people actually want to play without stupid design choices.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:04 AM   #273
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

But it has RTX.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:20 AM   #274
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Dafuq, I absolutely hate Legion, by far the worst in the series.

I do love WD2 though. If you only played single player, then you basically missed half the game. The online modes like Hacking Invasion and Bounty Hunter are what keeps WD2 alive to this day.

London is utter **** for a location in Legion and the story sucks. Everything cramped, the outer open areas around London were excluded so you're stuck with a tiny map. Bad game mechanics, no weapon choice, online mode currently sucks and will always suck because it's not PvP friendly. Note they didn't include Hacking Invasion, a staple of the Watch Dogs series, in Legion because they couldn't figure out how to make it work in this shitty map/location. For that reason we won't see any PvP modes like Bounty hunter either, so this game will be long forgotten and fizzled out. Unlike WD2 which still lives and breathes to this day due to its massive online community for modes that people actually want to play without stupid design choices.

Now that you got all the good stuff out of the way tell me about the great stuff.

I still plan on playing this one just because I played the first 2.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:24 AM   #275
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I never play the MP stuff anyway, so I don't care about it.

So far having loads of fun with Legion. WD2 is still better in many ways, IMO.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 08:26 PM   #276
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch coming tomorrow

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 04:58 PM   #277
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The new patch just broke all sound in the game if you have an XBox controller attached. Initial screens have sound, but as soon as you click Continue at the main menu, all sound cuts out.

Disabling the controller before launching the game seems to work, and sound comes back. But if you plug the controller back in...pooof no sound.

Funny thing is, the patch notes say they fixed this specific issue. Um, no, it wasn't broken before. You just introduced this bug.

Last edited by Munkus : May 4, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 4, 2021, 05:32 PM   #278
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
The new patch just broke all sound in the game if you have an XBox controller attached. Initial screens have sound, but as soon as you click Continue at the main menu, all sound cuts out.

Disabling the controller before launching the game seems to work, and sound comes back. But if you plug the controller back in...pooof no sound.

Funny thing is, the patch notes say they fixed this specific issue. Um, no, it wasn't broken before. You just introduced this bug.
works for me can't stand controllers
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 09:24 PM   #279
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
works for me can't stand controllers
I like them for finer control of walking speed and driving. But when I get into a firefight, I switch to KB/M.

Playing the whole game with KB/Ms is fine too. Getting used to the key mapping now.
Old May 4, 2021, 09:58 PM   #280
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

games like this, racing, flying, most 3rd person exploration games that benefit from walking I use a controller. I even play control with a controller.. no issues.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 11:33 AM   #281
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Turns out the work-around is to turn ON controller vibration in Legion. Turning it OFF causes the sound to shut off.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:18 PM   #282
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Has auto-drive been disabled/removed? It's no longer an option while driving with a route set, and the vehicle displaying the auto-drive symbol on the windshield.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 12:55 PM   #283
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Has auto-drive been disabled/removed? It's no longer an option while driving with a route set, and the vehicle displaying the auto-drive symbol on the windshield.
It seems to work OK for me.

I'm not sure I understand the whole "empty cars driving around" thing anyway. I guess anyone is allowed to take any car so long as it isn't already occupied. Weird tho.

Also, Ubisoft didn't carry over the ambulance behavior from WD2 to Legion. In WD2 when someone got hurt, an ambulance would arrive and the EMT got out and checked on the victim. In Legion, none of that happens.
Old May 8, 2021, 07:23 AM   #284
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
It seems to work OK for me.

I'm not sure I understand the whole "empty cars driving around" thing anyway. I guess anyone is allowed to take any car so long as it isn't already occupied. Weird tho.

Also, Ubisoft didn't carry over the ambulance behavior from WD2 to Legion. In WD2 when someone got hurt, an ambulance would arrive and the EMT got out and checked on the victim. In Legion, none of that happens.
I was erroneously using the incorrect vehicles. Function is working as intended.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 08:40 AM   #285
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Man it's way too easy to escape Albion. They give up pursuit almost as soon as you get out of sight.

Cops in WD2 were tenacious buggers. I guess Albion are just lazy mercs.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 05:37 PM   #286
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch

Quote:
Quality of Life updates:

60 FPS performance mode for next-gen consoles.
Cross-family play is now enabled. Players on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, as well as PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 can now play together within their console family.
Added loading screen hints for the HUD customization options.
We've made several adjustments and optimizations to the start of the Single Player campaign. This will speed up some of the early areas and make it easier for new players to find their footing in our near-future London.
HUD Display Presets
Added a "Light" preset, which turns off a few of the most intrusive HUD elements
Added an "Immersive" preset, which keeps only the most necessary information
Improved Operative Bio (Mission Memories)

Added over 80 memories that will appear in an operative's bio when they complete various missions
New free Operative:

Helen will join your DedSec ranks on June 15th. She will be a free Operative available through the Watch Dogs Legion Premium Store!

Online mode:

Season 2: New free reward track for the Online Mode:
A new reward track is now live for players in the Online Mode. Level up and earn exclusive cosmetics, ETO, Watch Dogs Credits and more!
New reward track features 80 ranks of progression.
Each influence reward is smaller than in Season 1 (8, vs 10), but overall, the season has significantly more Influence to earn.
There are more cosmetic items to be earned compared to Season 1.
Updated sound and visual effects when claiming rewards.
New Daily Challenges have been added.
Greatly expanded the set of Masks that can be found in Hotspots.
Ability to profile other players.
You are now able to profile other players in your session to view their stats.
Slightly reduced overall difficulty of Co-op missions:
You now have more time to revive a fallen teammate, increased by +5 seconds.
You now have more time to locate the dead bodies in Meltdown, increased by +30 seconds.
Increased HP for the backpack in Meltdown & Repossession missions, by +25%.
Online mode buttons have received some polish.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:35 PM   #287
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

The DLC with Aiden and Wrench (so we can finally have a normal english speaking character for once ) in July and the Hacking Invasion update in August is what I'm mainly looking for.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:45 PM   #288
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is Legionnaire worth playing for a person that thought WD1 was alright and WD2 was poor?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:55 PM   #289
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Might be, Legion has more in common with WD1 than it does with WD2.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:45 PM   #290
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Legion has very little gunplay and most of it is headshot after headshot. So if you are ok with simplistic puzzles and repetitive gameplay wrapped with a loose story you should be fine.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2021, 08:04 AM   #291
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Unless you recruit someone with an actual gun, all you can do is basically taze people or do physical take-downs. For some stupid reason, you can't pick up guns that baddies drop. WD2 had very good gunplay, so this is a huge step back IMO.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 09:11 AM   #292
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

WD1>WD3.

Legion is the worst game in the series.

WD3 feels like some kind of prototype for systems that UBI is planning on using in future titles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2021, 07:07 PM   #293
Megaman
Packing heat!

18GB PAtch for some server stability fixes and DLC
Old Jun 12, 2021, 08:00 PM   #294
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I'm about halfway through the main story, and I've stopped caring. All of the missions feel copy-pasted from 6 or 7 different objectives. That, combined with the lack of a primary protagonist and a boring story makes me want to uninstall. I liked it at first, but now I just don't care about any of it.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 09:49 PM   #295
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Stop doing sides and only do the main story.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:49 PM   #296
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Stop doing sides and only do the main story.
That's all I'm doing now. It's boring.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:25 AM   #297
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I'm actually going to replay this game as Wrench once the DLC for him comes out. Will fix that bitter initial taste at launch.

Also avoid the unlimited side missions, only the unique side missions are worthwhile.