Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 26, 2021, 01:03 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I remember when RE4 was announced there was like 3 versions they were considering before they decided on the one that was ultimately released.

One version went in a horror direction but it was deemed too paranormal for the RE series. I wonder if when RE7 came out they kind of circled back towards that one and just dialed down the paranormal activity to get it back to the RE feel with mutants and viruses and whatever.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2021, 08:33 PM   #32
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 08:53 AM   #33
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

was a big fan of the first 3, not so much of anything that came after. It's simply not RE anymore, it's just another action game like we have thousands already

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 27, 2021, 09:48 AM   #34
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
was a big fan of the first 3, not so much of anything that came after. It's simply not RE anymore, it's just another action game like we have thousands already
Well the massive success of RE4 when they went to a more action oriented formula is probably to blame for that. Fact of the matter is action sells better than survival horror.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 08:58 PM   #35
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Apparently Jeanette Maus, a voice actor from this game died at 39 from colon cancer. She also had Chron's disease and contracted COVID at some point.

https://www.ign.com/articles/residen...s-dies-aged-39
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:48 PM   #36
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Apparently Jeanette Maus, a voice actor from this game died at 39 from colon cancer. She also had Chron's disease and contracted COVID at some point.

https://www.ign.com/articles/residen...s-dies-aged-39
So young, damn cancer. RIP :C
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:54 AM   #37
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
7 is RE again after 6 was only a horror in that it was that awful. I mean even RE1 and 2 had the actiony bit at towards the end, as does 7, but the actual horror of the earlier parts is even more atmospheric.

RIP Jeanette, tragic.
Old May 2, 2021, 03:58 AM   #38
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Demo is out for this one. Two demos in one (village and castle). I finished both in the hour. The Village demo is much better than the castle one. Still this game has so many archaic design elements. They just can't shake them, it seems.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 09:48 AM   #39
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

hmm, limiting how long you can play a demo and additionally forcing people to do it within an 8 hour period seems counter-intuitive . Seems to be rather anti-consumer too.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 11:13 AM   #40
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I miss the days of shareware where you got the full first section/episode of a game for free, and to continue the game you just had to purchase it.

Surprised this model isn't used anymore, would hook in alot more buyers. Then again, it does reveal if your game is shitty or not and nobody would buy it if it's shitty.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 11:20 AM   #41
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What are the reviews saying about this game? Is it like RE7. I can dig that. Or even if it is like the RE2 and RE3 remakes I am game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 12:26 PM   #42
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why can’t I speed up my mouse ! Turning is like move mouse, lift mouse, move mouse, lift mouse then you are facing the right way. The in game control for sensitivity does f’all.

Very much like Re7 from what I have played, only did the village part, going to try the castle later.
Old May 2, 2021, 06:09 PM   #43
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

You can i had to mess around with it. The mouse speed is what you wanna adjust the most followed by the aimd and gun.. it's kinda rediculous

Also if you have variable adaptive shading on turn it off it creates a horrible dithering effect on textures.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 06:43 PM   #44
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You can adjust "mouse speed", but I think it's called camera speed. Default is like 10 and I moved it to 20 for both aim and camera.

Needs FOV slider. Also the menus for the shop are horrific.
Old May 2, 2021, 07:10 PM   #45
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
You can adjust "mouse speed", but I think it's called camera speed. Default is like 10 and I moved it to 20 for both aim and camera.

Needs FOV slider. Also the menus for the shop are horrific.
Fov yes, and yes on menus i kept hitting the wrong keys

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 02:23 AM   #46
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old May 5, 2021, 12:51 AM   #47
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How you like them apples.
Old May 5, 2021, 01:25 PM   #48
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

Old May 5, 2021, 07:09 PM   #49
KAC
It might be gays!

I want to nab the game but not at full price. Looking for a sale on this puppy. Seems like they made sure people like me can have fun!
Old May 5, 2021, 09:15 PM   #50
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm hearing its to RE7 what RE4 was to RE1. Which is good and bad at the same time.
Old May 6, 2021, 01:20 AM   #51
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
I'm hearing its to RE7 what RE4 was to RE1. Which is good and bad at the same time.
For people that haven't played RE1 or RE4 (i.e. me) what does this mean? More action?
Old May 6, 2021, 01:35 AM   #52
KAC
It might be gays!

Any tight deals on this POS?
Old May 6, 2021, 06:06 AM   #53
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
For people that haven't played RE1 or RE4 (i.e. me) what does this mean? More action?
What?! How have you made it this far as a gamer and not ever played those games?

But yes, RE4 is when the series turned more campy action than survival horror.
Old May 6, 2021, 08:58 AM   #54
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I want to nab the game but not at full price. Looking for a sale on this puppy. Seems like they made sure people like me can have fun!
I don't do this often, but will also wait for a sale on this one too.
Old May 6, 2021, 09:36 AM   #55
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
What?! How have you made it this far as a gamer and not ever played those games?

But yes, RE4 is when the series turned more campy action than survival horror.
That was the turning point.
it was also the one that changed the controls from tank rotation to actual movement i think.

I never really played them (not my type of game) but know enough about them over the course of its existence (except 6..never really paid attention to 6)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 09:48 AM   #56
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
That was the turning point.
it was also the one that changed the controls from tank rotation to actual movement i think.

I never really played them (not my type of game) but know enough about them over the course of its existence (except 6..never really paid attention to 6)
Yeah RE6 and the Revelations games are the only games from the series I'm not at all interested in from what I've seen of them. I'm glad they got the series back on a quality track with RE7 and the remakes.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:08 AM   #57
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I kind of want to buy this just to see how they will virusplain the presence of vampires and werewolves.

At first, I though that the tall lady was just a tyrant, but from what I've seen she's actually doing vampire stuff, so I'm kind of curious.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 11:40 AM   #58
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Standard edition is $50 at greenmangaming.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...il-village-pc/
Old May 6, 2021, 06:53 PM   #59
azalea
Radeon R420

Quote:
Exactly. I really like RE4 but it was lots more action oriented and I missed having more tense horror aspects.

However, 5 and 6 went much more out and out shooter, and AFAIK this new one isn't that extreme.I pre-ordered this when i bought my valve index, because the csgo skin money in my steam account was burning a hole in my steam wallet
Old May 6, 2021, 07:16 PM   #60
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

If you're really curious about what the game is like check out this review. GmanLives does a great job: