Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 6, 2021, 07:26 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am itching to buy this game. Seems like they have really improved a lot from RE7.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2021, 11:47 AM   #62
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

7 hours in, and I have to say my fears about too much action vs horror have so far been totally unfounded. There's plenty of both to go around, and I'm loving it.

Ray tracing, no super sampling. 1440P max settings apart from medium Global Illumination & reflections. Plus I disabled those settings I always do, which include DoF, film noise, chromatic abberation and lens flare. Performs really well in my experience, with one or two drops, probably from GPU heat.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:56 AM   #63
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

7 hours in already. So you should be done in another 2-3 hours. Do post impressions and if you feel it was worth the 60 slaps.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 7, 2021, 12:08 PM   #64
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Decided not to wait. Purchased from greenmangaming. All settings maxed i'm using 14gb of gpu ram. Rendering at 1440p. The game looks very good and ****, what an opening!
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2021, 12:21 PM   #65
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Finished it, enjoyed it overall (8 hours total for me, took my time). Was a lot more shooting than 7, but I think it was a fine addition, horror was still present.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2021, 12:35 PM   #66
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

8 hours? I know games are way too long these days but not going to spend $60 on a 8 hour game
Old May 7, 2021, 01:04 PM   #67
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
8 hours? I know games are way too long these days but not going to spend $60 on a 8 hour game
Thats a pretty standard length for RE games, they're never much longer than 10-15 hours max for a single playthrough. Typically they are also designed for multiple playthroughs to unlock all items and get better ranks on harder difficulty modes.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2021, 01:10 PM   #68
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Thats a pretty standard length for RE games, they're never much longer than 10-15 hours max for a single playthrough. Typically they are also designed for multiple playthroughs to unlock all items and get better ranks on harder difficulty modes.
Hmm, I played 2 remake, 5 and 7 and all felt longer but could be wrong. Didn’t pay full price for them either so will wait for this one to drop in price and I am not one to play game over even if it has different outcomes
Old May 7, 2021, 02:45 PM   #69
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Hmm, I played 2 remake, 5 and 7 and all felt longer but could be wrong. Didn’t pay full price for them either so will wait for this one to drop in price and I am not one to play game over even if it has different outcomes
Looking on howlongtobeat.com these are the approximate lengths for main story single playthroughs of the mainline RE games.

RE1 (original / remake) - 6.5 hours, 11 hours
RE2 (original / remake) - 6 hours, 8.5 hours
RE3 (original / remake) - 6.5 hours, 6 hours
RE4 - 16 hours
RE5 - 12 hours
RE6 - 21.5 hours
RE7 - 9 hours

And yeah that's the great thing about PC gaming, most games will drop in price within a year so if it seems too much for you just wait a bit. Probably a more stable game by then too.
Old May 8, 2021, 10:50 AM   #70
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm actually taking my time, going back to all doors, wells etc once i can, and also getting lost a wee bit. Trying to turn all the red rooms blue. Therefore I'm 10 hours in already and still have a fair chunk left.
Old May 8, 2021, 11:31 AM   #71
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I notice a lot of people do rush through games. Or maybe rush isn't the right word, more so that they don't explore everything fully and just stop once in a while to look around and take it all in.

I tend to take my time as well and really explore everything in the game the devs spent so much of their time designing. Because of that my gameplay time is usually a few hours longer than the average.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:26 PM   #72
KAC
It might be gays!

If normal person is finishing it in 8-9 hours then it is a 6-7 hour game for me. Don't see the value of spending that much dope for a 6-7 hour game. Even though I am quite intrigued by it and I did like RE7.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:44 PM   #73
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Are you saying you rush through games?

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 12:44 PM   #74
KAC
It might be gays!

No I am more efficient than an average nub gamer.
Old May 8, 2021, 02:55 PM   #75
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No I am more efficient than an average nub gamer.
AKA you are Russian brah

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 06:07 PM   #76
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

More shooting than 7? RE7 was nothing but shooting for the last third. Does this change it up at least?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2021, 08:16 PM   #77
KAC
It might be gays!

They give you new guns.
Old May 9, 2021, 03:53 PM   #78
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it, liked it.

Except for the parts where the game pretended to be outlast/amnesia, that **** isn't scary.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 04:36 PM   #79
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So 7-8 hours?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 06:13 AM   #80
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So 7-8 hours?
If that is the length, I will wait for some discount.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 07:12 AM   #81
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
If that is the length, I will wait for some discount.
Same.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 10:07 PM   #82
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021, 01:37 AM   #83
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021, 03:17 AM   #84
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

3 million copies sold already.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021, 03:45 PM   #85
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Slap dat ass!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2021, 12:19 PM   #86
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

One thing that bummed me out was playing RE2 remake again after playing this, and seeing how much better the enemies/zombie physics there were. It actually made dispatching enemies really interesting since zombies could be split in half, crawl toward you, interact with other zombie bodies, limb damage, body damage, etc.

Here it's just very plain in terms of attacks and once something is killed the body just disintegrates.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 11:41 AM   #87
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This game needs a mod that let you skip the "HORROR" sequence of the second lord after you've finished the game.

That part is such a momentum killer when you replay the game in order to unlock stuff.

It isn't scary, it is 100% scripted so it will play out the same every single time, so it just ends up being a time waster.

Anyway, this game is a scam, a $60 game that can be finished in under 3 hours!!!????!11!?

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 12:26 PM   #88
KAC
It might be gays!

All RE games have been a scam lately. I usually only pay 30 bucks for them but for RE 3 remake even 30 felt too high.

This one for sure will be a 30 or less pickup for me.
Old May 13, 2021, 01:02 PM   #89
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Probably because they plan on reselling all the cut content as DLC's, like Resident Evil 7 where the main story was to deal with all family members but one was mysteriously locked behind a DLC.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:04 PM   #90
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Well, I spent almost 40 hours in this games (not bothering with REVerse) and here is my take:

- Playing RE7 before this is Highly recommended that it is almost mandatory for story and impact.
- Slightly less scary and slightly more action.
- Beautiful world! Some low res textures here and there but overall, lovely. RE Engine at it's best.
- First run on normal took me 14 hours, second run on hardcore took me 9 hours and third run did it in 2.5 hours for challenge.
- Shooting and Enemies are fun.
- Feels like an RE games, with it's pros and cons. Has some elements from RE4 as a main reference.
- Mercenaries is so much fun. I preferred this over the RE3R version.

Overall, a worthy sequel to RE7 that doesn't replace it but rather does things slightly different in a good way that keeps RE7 as a different experience instead of completely overwriting it with improvements across the board.

For RE Fans, a must have (especially if you liked RE7).
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote