Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 14, 2021, 12:17 PM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm playing it. Slow burn... just kind of not sure I like the quest pacing. I got through the two early main story quests and then the first part of Valhalla , now it just seems like I'm lost and have just pesky busy quests for some reason. I want to beeline the story but it's not letting me.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 12:27 PM   #752
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Have you gone back to the map and pledge other new territories?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 12:33 PM   #753
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Still no single-handed swords
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 14, 2021, 01:15 PM   #754
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Yeah that can be confusing.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 04:07 PM   #755
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Is that what I need to do? Go back into the long house and do it from there? Damn…
Old May 14, 2021, 07:16 PM   #756
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Is that what I need to do? Go back into the long house and do it from there? Damn…
Right, go there and talk to Randvi, ask to look at map and pick next location.

yoz
Old May 24, 2021, 05:09 PM   #757
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

My first finished game for the year Just finished Wrath of the Druids DLC. I believe I'm at about 84 hours in at this point and I just about skipped all the treasure finding in the main game.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 06:30 PM   #758
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is this game better than oddesy?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 06:30 PM   #759
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
My first finished game for the year Just finished Wrath of the Druids DLC. I believe I'm at about 84 hours in at this point and I just about skipped all the treasure finding in the main game.
Congrats!

yoz
Old May 24, 2021, 06:33 PM   #760
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Is this game better than oddesy?
Yes and no. Odyssey wins for me in setting but story in Valhalla is better told.

yoz
Old May 24, 2021, 06:42 PM   #761
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yes and no. Odyssey wins for me in setting but story in Valhalla is better told.
Which one is better played though? I always felt the animations were a bit stiff in Odessy.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old May 24, 2021, 06:42 PM   #762
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Its more of the same for the most part. Other then the story and the lands changing they are all pretty much the same.
Old May 24, 2021, 06:43 PM   #763
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Congrats!
The 3080 is a nice heater in the Winter but boy you can feel that extra heat now that its warm out.
Old May 24, 2021, 06:45 PM   #764
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
The 3080 is a nice heater in the Winter but boy you can feel that extra heat in the summer.
3070 too, oof!

~George Carlin
Old May 24, 2021, 10:06 PM   #765
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

3070 is not hot at all. You have a toaster for a case.
Also you guys should see my 3090 that is mining 24/7.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 10:36 AM   #766
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3070 is not hot at all. You have a toaster for a case.
Also you guys should see my 3090 that is mining 24/7.
It's hotter than my 1070ti which always ran cool. Still, I got the computer hovering around the 70+ range (instead of 80) so it's much cooler.

~George Carlin
Old May 25, 2021, 10:38 AM   #767
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The 1070ti was in the same case? If not, that’s not really applicable to be honest with you. The 3070 would be running much cooler if it had room to breath.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 05:41 PM   #768
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The 1070ti was in the same case? If not, that’s not really applicable to be honest with you. The 3070 would be running much cooler if it had room to breath.
Tru.dat, but I'm also realizing this case has a slot on the side for two 120mm fans that it doesn't have. I'm going to add those soon and that should drastically increase airflow.

~George Carlin
Old May 25, 2021, 05:53 PM   #769
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Depending on where you have your case is how much your going to feel the heat, I have it right under my desk where my legs are, and Hot air is pouring out, It makes it nice in the winter but now that warm has come for the first time since owning this card the heat can truly be felt. On a side note I got 2 crash 2 desktops while playing this DLC and had a scary moment with what appeared to be memory corruption all over the screen when I first powered up a couple of days ago. Thought my card had chit the bed, who knows maybe its about to. After a reboot I haven't seen it again though. Better it crash under warranty though, just wonder what the turn around time would be.
Old May 25, 2021, 09:52 PM   #770
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Depending on where you have your case is how much your going to feel the heat, I have it right under my desk where my legs are, and Hot air is pouring out, It makes it nice in the winter but now that warm has come for the first time since owning this card the heat can truly be felt. On a side note I got 2 crash 2 desktops while playing this DLC and had a scary moment with what appeared to be memory corruption all over the screen when I first powered up a couple of days ago. Thought my card had chit the bed, who knows maybe its about to. After a reboot I haven't seen it again though. Better it crash under warranty though, just wonder what the turn around time would be.
Wait for the 2 red lights.
Old May 26, 2021, 07:28 AM   #771
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Are you running the card stock? What’s the temps?

If you’re getting crashing now that it’s warming up, that you didn’t get in the winter, then it’s pretty easy to diagnose it down to temps..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 07:51 AM   #772
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Folding@home

One thing I'm grateful for is the cross-progression... i can grind 0.5% of the story on my desktop, then play another 0.5% on my PS5 that week's evenings on the big tv. Still not really advancing, but being able to pick up exactly where i left off is a boon. Totally understand why people like cloud saves.
Old May 30, 2021, 03:33 AM   #773
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
The 3080 is a nice heater in the Winter but boy you can feel that extra heat now that its warm out.
THIS! I need to find a solution that doesn't require me to open my card up
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2021, 08:58 AM   #774
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

For me, the AC games do more to heat up the CPU than the GPU.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2021, 02:40 PM   #775
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

One-handed swords are coming to Valhalla.

And they are planning on releasing expansion to it in 2022 too, so the game will probably end up being 600 hours+ long.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2021, 04:33 PM   #776
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
One-handed swords are coming to Valhalla.

And they are planning on releasing expansion to it in 2022 too, so the game will probably end up being 600 hours+ long.

Haha. Honestly I’d rather see them do this than make five more AC games over the same period.

I think I got the season pass on sale when I bought the game. I wonder how much of this new stuff is included (not that I’ll ever get around to playing it all).
Old Jun 12, 2021, 09:47 PM   #777
KAC
It might be gays!

First AC in a while where I have no intention of playing season pass unless someone tells me if there is a meaningful progression of Basim’s story.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 08:59 AM   #778
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
First AC in a while where I have no intention of playing season pass unless someone tells me if there is a meaningful progression of Basim’s story.
That would be a no as far as WotD is concerned. It was a lot shorter than the two from odyssey as well.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 04:48 AM   #779
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

PAtch

Quote:
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update1.2.2 Main Features
NEW CONTENT

OSTARA SEASON: MASTERY CHALLENGE GAME MODE

We added in-game support for Mastery Challenge.
A Master of an ancient art sends you on a Quest to prove your might through trials that will transcend the rules of reality.
Trial of the Bear = Test your strength (combat)
Trial of the Wolf = Test your marksmanship (range)
Trial of the Raven = Test your guile (stealth)
Unlock unique rewards, that will both show your Mastery and give you more options in combat.
Numerous shrines are hidden in the world, each home to 3 trials.
To access Mastery Challenge you must be at least Power Level 221 and have completed the Uninvited Guests main quest after reporting on Grantebridgescire and Ledecestrescire.
RIVER RAIDS REFRESH

Upped the stakes: rivers at higher alert levels will have increased rewards.
Balanced Jomsvikings’ attack power to better match their rank.
Wayland’s armor will be available to buy in Vagn’s Store using Foreign cargo.
NEW SKILLS

Mounted Archer = Eivor can use their bow ability while mounted.
Shield Master = Eivor automatically rotates to block incoming attacks by holding up their shield.
Unstoppable = While in combat, Eivor’s sprint becomes unblockable and knocks enemies back at the cost of stamina.
GAME IMPROVEMENTS

MISCELLANEOUS

Increased the rune list cap from 100 to 300 so that all runes are being displayed in the inventory.
Purchased Map packs will now display relevant icons in Ireland.
Addressed an issue causing the Blacksmith Hammer to disappear after TU 1.2.0.
Addressed an issue that caused the Photo Mode UI from disappearing on Xbox.
Addressed an issue that caused Settlement pets to disappear after A Dog's Rescue.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2021, 04:14 AM   #780
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch notes from Thursday as Evileh bitched and moaned about my lack of patch note posting duties over Ubisoft chat.

Quote:
We deployed a hotfix today addressing some lingering crashing issues and restoring the missing Feast UI elements following Title Update 1.2.2. on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote