Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 9, 2021, 01:41 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Sorry to derail your thread AdamK47.

Nunz now that Sennheiser has been bought by Sonova(a hearing Aid company) you might want to try and snag either the HD-560's or HD-6xx fast while they are still available.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2021, 03:39 PM   #32
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I was just reading about that.

I have my eyes set on the DT1990s. I think they'll be my "end-game" cans.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 08:32 AM   #33
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I was just reading about that.

I have my eyes set on the DT1990s. I think they'll be my "end-game" cans.
I've been using the BD 770 Pro 250 Ohm. They're now driven by the SoundBlastx G6. I really like them!

https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-...dp/B0006NL5SM/
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2021, 03:31 PM   #34
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I ordered the DT1990s last night. My K7XX finally ran their course. My right woofer would go in and out, suspected a loose cable. I just finished taking them apart and, as suspected, one of the wires broke. I don't understand how it lasted so long, as the wire was pulled super tight. Those cans have been with me for 7 years, been through 4 moves, and endless hours of gaming and music.

I'm going to repair them (just need to resolder the wire) and keep them as a spare. Super hyped for these Beyer's though!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 15, 2021, 09:40 PM   #35
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I ordered the DT1990s last night. My K7XX finally ran their course. My right woofer would go in and out, suspected a loose cable. I just finished taking them apart and, as suspected, one of the wires broke. I don't understand how it lasted so long, as the wire was pulled super tight. Those cans have been with me for 7 years, been through 4 moves, and endless hours of gaming and music.

I'm going to repair them (just need to resolder the wire) and keep them as a spare. Super hyped for these Beyer's though!
those are gonna be sweet, can't wait to hear another Ragers impressions.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2021, 10:53 AM   #36
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would love to hear thoughts on them. I would also love to compare them to my R70s. Though don't know how to do that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2021, 01:06 PM   #37
Nunz
RIP Roxen

So far, I've tested the Beyer's with the Analytic pads only; these produce a more neutral/open sound rather than the classic "Beyer" sound which tends to have more pronounced bass.

They are absolutely terrific at bringing out every detail in all of my music thus far. I'm hearing little sounds that my K7XX (which are known for being very good at sound stage) never picked up. I listen to mostly metal, and my issue with the K7XX was the complete absence of bass; the DT1990s are not overwhelmingly bass-y, but they certainly excel at giving you clear, clean sound at the low-end. I had them cranked up to a pretty high volume and I could hear every single movement in Judas Priest - Painkiller. It's pretty incredible how detailed these cans are while retaining clarity even at hearing damage volume levels.

I played some Hell Let Loose, and they do great for that too. I'm not really noticing much difference in gaming, and I suppose I didn't really expect to. I'm going to try the more "bass" centric earpads that come with the cans and see how that changes the sound.

My AE-5 is also having no issue driving these cans at all. Very impressed overall.

The company I ordered them through (on Amazon), however, I'm not super happy with. I paid full list price ($599.99) and received the box without a factory seal on it. The box looked like it had been opened before. The headphones do look absolutely brand new; I went crazy looking for even the SLIGHTEST mark, finger oil stain, or blemish so I could return them. The headphones come with a case, and inside the accessories/cables. The cables were wrapped in factory plastic, and the earpads were brand new (and have that fresh "smell" to them). I'm still writing an email to the companies sales department to ask them "WTF?" but overall I'm pleased with the cans.

I'm thinking about grabbing a new mic, though. I'm getting tired of my Antlion ModMic, which is also 6-7 years old, and having to put that sticky piece on my $600 headphones. The cans are gorgeous and now they're ugly
Old May 20, 2021, 05:49 PM   #38
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can't you return them, and get them from the official Beyerdynamic seller on Amazon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 06:44 AM   #39
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

wanted to get one of these with EVGA 50% deal but they're all sold out
Old May 22, 2021, 06:14 PM   #40
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

I still rock a Creative Soundblaster Titanium HD that retailed for 200 bucks in 2012.

It still sounds phenomenal even though it's no longer supported by Creative.

I do have a Beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ohm but not for PC audio.

I use those Headphones for Vinyl and CD'S.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:36 PM   #41
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The equalizer that's built into the NU Audio drivers causes high pitched scratching sounds here and there when gaming. I found a great replacement called Equalizer APO. It has a ton of tweaking options and does not cause any of the sound distortion problems I had with the NU Audio equalizer. The DT 1770s are very warm and can even exhibit over excursion of the drivers when playing loud sub 40Hz frequencies. All fixed with this equalizer.

I've also started using Windows Sonic. I use to hate it, but now it sounds great with this card and the settings I use. Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Unbound mess too much with the dynamic range and have compatibility problems. Those two options are good to use with lesser headphones. Windows Sonic is basically flat with only virtualization added. I apply Nahimic post process 2-channel surround on top of it.

Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers

Last edited by AdamK47 : May 26, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2021, 01:10 AM   #42
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
The equalizer that's built into the NU Audio drivers causes high pitched scratching sounds here and there when gaming. I found a great replacement called Equalizer APO. It has a ton of tweaking options and does not cause any of the sound distortion problems I had with the NU Audio equalizer. The DT 1770s are very warm and can even exhibit over excursion of the drivers when playing loud sub 40Hz frequencies. All fixed with this equalizer.

I've also started using Windows Sonic. I use to hate it, but now it sounds great with this card and the settings I use. Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Unbound mess too much with the dynamic range and have compatibility problems. Those two options are good to use with lesser headphones. Windows Sonic is basically flat with only virtualization added. I apply Nahimic post process 2-channel surround on top of it.

I don't use EQ at all.
I hope you downloaded 2.1.14 driver version and flashed the card with the latest firmware.

Enjoy!
Old May 27, 2021, 01:34 AM   #43
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yes and yes
Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2021, 05:47 PM   #44
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Currently testing the "balanced" earpads that are supposed to give a bit more bass. So far, not incredibly impressed with them; the bass seems muddled rather than boosted.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 03:35 PM   #45
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
I like listening to things loud, clear, and precise.
So you buy 1770 Pros.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2021, 09:55 AM   #46
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Should have gone with AE-9 instead.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote