Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default EA/FIFA 2022 Requires Ultimate Edition Purchase To Get The Next Gen Experience

https://www.ign.com/articles/fifa-22...timate-edition

Quote:
Therefore, in order to qualify for the free upgrade, players must shell out $99.99 USD/£89.99 for the Ultimate Edition of the game rather than $59.99 USD/£59.99 for the Standard Edition. This also means that if someone purchases FIFA 22's Standard Edition on PS4 and later upgrades to PS5, they would then need to purchase the PS5 version of the game to play.
Now I'm not a SPORTS gamer. But I can see EA locking graphics options behind a pay wall going forward. Oh you want Antialiasing you need to buy this version. Oh you want RayTraycing you need to buy this version.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 06:44 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

That kinda makes sense... if you buy it for PS4, you have to pay to unlock it for PS5 is how I'm understanding this right?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 07:35 PM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
That kinda makes sense... if you buy it for PS4, you have to pay to unlock it for PS5 is how I'm understanding this right?
Prior though if you bought the game and not just FIFA or EA if the title was re-released or released on next-gen consoles when it became available you got it for free. Not its pay more or you can still play it just not with the better grahpics. So they can still play FIFA 2022 on it but unless they get the Ultimate Edition you won't get the new features. Unless you pony up $99.99 instead of $59.99.

$59.99 - Version will work just not next gen features.

Like LOL WUT?
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 12, 2021, 08:07 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

EA milking? Not surprised, however I'm under the impression that they couldn't just "turn the graphics down" for the PS4 version; there are major engine changes.

Either way, EA could have ate that. They're just being greedy.. and why shouldn't they? They have a complete monopoly.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 09:00 PM   #5
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I got the standard version of Fifa 21 last year in PS4 and when I changed to PS5 I just reinstalled the new version of the game.

This time, I will need to just buy the standard version of the game for PS5 directly?, right?

This affects only those not still on the PS5 wagon yet, I think it's a bad move from EA...
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote