Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:37 AM   #17131
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The Addams Family (2019) - 4/10

Meh...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 01:08 PM   #17132
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Frozen 2. 6.5/10.

Animation was great, music was okay, story/writing was total nonsense.

Lots of great ideas mashed together but never really come together or get paid off. Feels like the script was written by a (large) committee. Movie left me with alot of unanswered questions: Was the mom also magical? Was the mom the previous 5th element? Why did it take so many years before the forest started attacking the town? What was the purpose of the damn? How did breaking the damn unfreeze Elsa? Why did the grandfather murder the chief guy? I thought there was lots of interesting room for exploration in this story, but none of it was really pursued.

Also, why are the elemental spirits all different? There's a horse made out of water, then there's a lizard who has fire but isn't made out of fire. Then the wind just kindof blows around, but has no animal. Earth has rock giants and those stone troll guys, but doesn't seem to have a spirit embodiment, except for the earthquake that hits the town. Then Elsa is the 5th element, but not really with any explanation of why or what her role is... and why is Ice the magic that combines the elements? Lots of stuff is just thrown in without any cohesiveness.

btw, I also thought the first Frozen's story was pretty weak as well. Definitely the weakest of the 3 Disney princess movies that rolled out in that era... Tangled & Moana are both pretty much masterpieces, imo. I had hoped that Frozen 2 would be an improvement, but still ends up being an odd movie that fails in many ways, although different ways than the first failed in.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 02:31 PM   #17133
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Frozen 2. 6.5/10.

Animation was great, music was okay, story/writing was total nonsense.

Lots of great ideas mashed together but never really come together or get paid off. Feels like the script was written by a (large) committee. Movie left me with alot of unanswered questions: Was the mom also magical? Was the mom the previous 5th element? Why did it take so many years before the forest started attacking the town? What was the purpose of the damn? How did breaking the damn unfreeze Elsa? Why did the grandfather murder the chief guy? I thought there was lots of interesting room for exploration in this story, but none of it was really pursued.

Also, why are the elemental spirits all different? There's a horse made out of water, then there's a lizard who has fire but isn't made out of fire. Then the wind just kindof blows around, but has no animal. Earth has rock giants and those stone troll guys, but doesn't seem to have a spirit embodiment, except for the earthquake that hits the town. Then Elsa is the 5th element, but not really with any explanation of why or what her role is... and why is Ice the magic that combines the elements? Lots of stuff is just thrown in without any cohesiveness.

btw, I also thought the first Frozen's story was pretty weak as well. Definitely the weakest of the 3 Disney princess movies that rolled out in that era... Tangled & Moana are both pretty much masterpieces, imo. I had hoped that Frozen 2 would be an improvement, but still ends up being an odd movie that fails in many ways, although different ways than the first failed in.
The original Frozen was originally going to be a direct to video movie in the same vein as the Tinker Bell 3D movies. But then the house of mouse saw big potential with certain groups and generations and they hit it big. Also Elsa was originally intended to be a villain and her balled of self-absorption was to be her swan song of change into true evil. I find it funny so many people find it their inspiration of selfishness as well.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 10, 2020, 05:48 PM   #17134
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Togo

Disney+ movie

Absolutely fantastic.

Its to bad that Togo didn't get the kind of credit he deserved back then.

Quote:
The dog that often gets credit for eventually saving the town is Balto, but he just happened to run the last, 55-mile leg in the race. The sled dog who did the lion's share of the work was Togo. His journey, fraught with white-out storms, was the longest by 200 miles and included a traverse across perilous Norton Sound — where he saved his team and driver in a courageous swim through ice floes.” Most people make the mistake of saying Balto is the hero, but Togo is the real hero, by over 200 miles.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2020, 07:22 PM   #17135
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched two movies today: The Grudge (2020) and 1917.

The Grudge (2020) had a few effective jump scares but other than that it was a pretty dull movie. 1917 was some good stuff though. Great sound when "needed" and also great visuals. This one is definitely worth watching.

Tomorrow, I am planning to watch Inland Empire (2006) for the first time. I love this guy's stuff so I am really looking forward to it.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:32 PM   #17136
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

A Disney weekend...

Frozen II (2019) - 8/10

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) - 7.5/10
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2020, 07:41 PM   #17137
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker - 5.5/10 meh!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:15 PM   #17138
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

FrozenII music as not so good 6.5/10

Togo, now this was a great movie 8.5/10

Daddy's Home 2 Oh well it passed the time 6/10

Some Tyler Perry Movie I already forget 4.5/10

Edge of Darkness another Martin Campbell movie 7.5/10 Way dark, maybe to dark for me while recovering from food poisoning.

3 Days of the Condor That 70's spy movie that thought it was good but not so much 6.5/10

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:30 PM   #17139
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Ad Astra. Good movie. 8/10

One of those slow-paced space movies with lots of ambient synth music. Not everything works, but overall comes together in the end.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:34 PM   #17140
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Togo

Disney+ movie

Absolutely fantastic.

Its to bad that Togo didn't get the kind of credit he deserved back then.
Yup, we really enjoyed Togo. Disney+ should make more originals like this. It's sortof a perfect film for the service: family oriented, animals, great story, very genuine feels, and cheap enough to be suitable for straight-to-streaming. If Disney+ could get several of these per year, it's a big boost to their value prop.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:02 PM   #17141
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Ad Astra. Good movie. 8/10

One of those slow-paced space movies with lots of ambient synth music. Not everything works, but overall comes together in the end.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:36 PM   #17142
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Jumanji: Next Level

It was a lot of fun, and had a lot of heart, too.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:58 PM   #17143
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Frozen 2 with the kiddos via Disney+

It didn't hold my attention, but the kids liked it.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:52 PM   #17144
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Knives out.

Very well presented and scripted murder mystery.
Ana and Daniel totally nailed their roles.

I found the soundtrack to be a bit overbearing sometimes though.

8/10
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 09:05 PM   #17145
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Fighting with my Family. Surprisingly good, based on my very low expectations. 8/10.

It helps alot that it's based on a true story.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:39 PM   #17146
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Rim job of the world. 3/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 09:57 AM   #17147
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Murder on the Orient Express.

A bit naive script, visually very well made.
Interesting story and plot. Ending also quite good.
But more appearance than substance.

6.5/10
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:07 AM   #17148
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Murder on the Orient Express.

A bit naive script, visually very well made.
Interesting story and plot. Ending also quite good.
But more appearance than substance.

6.5/10
Have you read the book?

yoz
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:29 AM   #17149
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Rambo Last Blood. 6/10.

Not sure what went wrong with this movie. I assume they had rewrites happening during production. Film was very short (which is good for how bad it was). No sure how it happened, as I'm sure this was a passion project for Stallone.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:32 AM   #17150
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Has anyone seen Midway or 1917?

Quote:
Rambo Last Blood. 6/10.

Not sure what went wrong with this movie. I assume they had rewrites happening during production. Film was very short (which is good for how bad it was). No sure how it happened, as I'm sure this was a passion project for Stallone.
Agreed. Rating is about right.

I was super disappointed with that movie. All the others were so good. That one seemed to just bank on the pure carnage rather than actually providing a reasonably decent story along with it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:36 AM   #17151
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Gemini Man 9/10

I REALLY enjoyed the hell out of this movie. I bought the 4k version to watch last weekend and it's without a doubt, the best 4k HDR and Atmos movie I've ever seen. The picture quality far exceeds anything I've seen so far on my Sony X900F. It's what 4k SHOULD be. Most movies aren't even actually 4k, and you can tell. It was also 60fps, and the first movie I've seen running at that speed. The action scenes had a fluidity that was pretty amazing. Picture quality was 11/10.

The audio track was also extremely well done. It made great use of the LFE track, and explosions and guns had a hell of a punch to it. The kind that you not so much hear, but punches you in the chest. Fantastic. Good Atmos support, but really only when things get crazy. The rear surrounds were a bit quiet the whole movie. I'd give audio a solid 8/10. I really liked the energy behind the action scenes and the way the bullets and sound effects danced around.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 01:02 PM   #17152
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Rambo Last Blood. 6/10.

I consider 4/10 bad and 6/10 enjoyable
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 01:48 PM   #17153
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Midway feels like a 60s style WW2 film made with modern effects

1917 is an interesting movie that cleverly hid cuts to make it look like one long take (with one very obvious exception)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 02:04 PM   #17154
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post

1917 is an interesting movie that cleverly hid cuts to make it look like one long take (with one very obvious exception)
And that's about all it's got going for it. Watched it, felt barely any emotion, gave 4/10 for cinematography.
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 02:05 PM   #17155
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
Midway feels like a 60s style WW2 film made with modern effects
Indeed, I liked it.

yoz
Old Mar 19, 2020, 02:16 PM   #17156
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Frankenstein Island - a 1981 b movie disaster.
Just endlessly weird.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2020, 03:47 PM   #17157
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Low expectations for Midway; pleasantly surprised.
High expectations for 1917; mostly disappointed.

For WWI movies, I'd recommend the Peter Jackson doc, They Shall Not Grow Old, the classic, All Quiet on the Western Front, or the oft-overlooked Aces High.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 04:23 PM   #17158
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Followed some suggestions here and watched Togo last night.

Good movie, and loved the rascal pup scenes.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2020, 04:19 PM   #17159
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Have you read the book?
I have not.

And I did watch it after Knives Out.

The script seemed expeditive somehow.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 04:40 PM   #17160
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
I have not.

And I did watch it after Knives Out.

The script seemed expeditive somehow.
Most movie scripts are but the book is kinda like that too.

yoz