Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 31, 2021, 07:52 AM   #18451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Pluto TV is free and has a Star Trek channel. It is also owned by CBS.
never used that, what resolutions are supported? Is there an app for smart tvs? Will have to check that out when i'm home from work

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 08:27 AM   #18452
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
never used that, what resolutions are supported? Is there an app for smart tvs? Will have to check that out when i'm home from work
I don't know if your TV will have an app for it but I watch on Roku and Amazon Firestick. Res seems for be 1080p.

Also check out Tubi while you're at it for old sci-fi shows like Space:1999, Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica (new and old).

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 08:42 AM   #18453
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Also check out Tubi while you're at it for old sci-fi shows like Space:1999, Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica (new and old).
never heard of that either thx for pointing that out

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 31, 2021, 08:50 AM   #18454
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
never heard of that either thx for pointing that out
A cheap Roku stick will get you all that and many more free movie apps too.

yoz
Old Mar 31, 2021, 09:15 AM   #18455
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

nah, not another hardware in our livingroom, thx. We already have more than enough there.

Old Mar 31, 2021, 09:26 AM   #18456
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
nah, not another hardware in our livingroom, thx. We already have more than enough there.
Possible that your TV has the apps available, but more often than not the TV manufacturers don't keep them up to date nor really give a crap about supporting things.

In theory, our TV can deal with most of our services. In reality, it was just easier to switch all streaming to a roku box (or a fire stick, or whatever) to pull everything into one place.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 09:45 AM   #18457
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

in know about the roku sticks, they work very well for some apps, for others not so much here in crazy krautland (amazon prime for example, which is not available because of licensing problems). Maybe that has changed lately although i don' think so. Will have to check that out to be sure. We already have Sky+, Disney+ and Netflix on our TV.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Old Mar 31, 2021, 04:56 PM   #18458
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Pluto TV is free and has a Star Trek channel. It is also owned by CBS.
Pluto TV owns. Sometimes I just leave the Baywatch channel or the American Gladiator channel on in the background. Also Price is Right.

Damn it. Just turned it on and I can't find American Gladiators. PlutoTV officially sucks now.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 06:52 PM   #18459
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

High Life (2018) 7/10 - Way too much arthouse for it's own good. That means lots of weird, lots of allegories and super SLOW pace. That said it had some good scenes and was interesting. If it was more traditional, it would have been great probably.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 08:24 PM   #18460
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Godzilla v Kong. So bad/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:54 PM   #18461
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

godzilla vs kong - any human part 3/10 fight scenes 9/10
Old Apr 1, 2021, 01:20 AM   #18462
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Snyder's Justice League.

What a mess. Still, I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Whedon's dumpster fire.

I'm not concerned with the length, in saying that though there were things in that movie that really should not have been in there, Martian Manhunter basically ruined the Martha/Lois scene and killed the emotional beat it was aiming for and at least half the epilogue was Snyder navel gazing. .

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:26 AM   #18463
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Godzilla vs Kong like the other two movies with Godzilla the human characters are mostly forgettable side bs to the show stealing big monster action
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:39 AM   #18464
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Will probably catch the new Kong tonight, I was ok with Kong Island, look at these as popcorn flicks. hoping for a 6/10.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:46 AM   #18465
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Will probably catch the new Kong tonight, I was ok with Kong Island, look at these as popcorn flicks. hoping for a 6/10.
Saving this for weekend.

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 09:51 AM   #18466
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Saving this for weekend.

Weekend starts tonight, Holiday for Friday.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 03:45 PM   #18467
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Weekend starts tonight, Holiday for Friday.
Nice.....

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 04:08 PM   #18468
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Nice.....
Actually I have never had good Friday off before until this year I guess, didn't even know I had a day off until my manager mentioned it.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 04:28 PM   #18469
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Actually I have never had good Friday off before until this year I guess, didn't even know I had a day off until my manager mentioned it.
Strange that the US does not have off on Easter weekend, the rest of the world does. Even non Christian countries like India does
Old Apr 1, 2021, 06:09 PM   #18470
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Godzilla vs Kong - 4/10 pretty terrible all around.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:45 PM   #18471
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

The Grand Budapest Hotel. Amazing. 10/10.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:52 PM   #18472
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nobody - a whole lotta fun Yeah, it's formulaic, but it works. It's a mash-up of Taken, The Equalizer and John Wick... what's not to like ?

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 01:59 AM   #18473
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Yes Day. 7.5/10. Good movie, for what it was. Mostly like-able characters, cutesy family fun. Earned wife-points for watching it with her.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 02:44 AM   #18474
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
WHY!

they have a good budget, why cant they make a decent movie of this type like Pacific Rim... everyone thought it would be crap and apparently it is crap... very disappointing...

/rant
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 07:29 AM   #18475
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Oh man, seriously?

yoz
Old Apr 2, 2021, 09:35 AM   #18476
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Chaos walking. 7.329679/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2021, 10:33 AM   #18477
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
yep, that was a great one. Highly recommended

Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:03 PM   #18478
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 View Post
Nobody - a whole lotta fun Yeah, it's formulaic, but it works. It's a mash-up of Taken, The Equalizer and John Wick... what's not to like ?
Where the heck did you see this movie?

Thought it was out today but streams on the 16th.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:04 PM   #18479
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Quote:
yep, that was a great one. Highly recommended
Liked it too.

Saw:

The Tangle (7/10)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5080046/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Lot of dialogue film noir style.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 02:27 PM   #18480
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Where the heck did you see this movie?

Thought it was out today but streams on the 16th.
Theatres were opened at minimum capacity till yesterday (covid mesures where upped, we're now in red zone in Québec city).

When we watched the PM conference on wednesday and they said they were closing everything for 2 weeks, gf forced me to go cause she knows I like going to the theatres by myself with my huge tub of popcorn, coke and candy

Debated going to see Godzilla vs Kong, but I haven't seen Kong nor the newer Godzilla, so Nobody was pretty much the only thing that I had interest in.

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote