Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kilmas
Radeon R600

kilmas is still being judged by the masses

Default ut2007 renamed ut3

epic and midway has renamed ut2007 to ue3.i have been waiting for the game to come out for along time.i hope it will come out soon.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/758/758408p1.html
Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2 2gb
Maxtor MaXLine III 250GB SATA 16MB 7200RPM NCQ
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM NCQ
kilmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:43 PM   #2
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

The only problem I see with that is that they already had UT2003 which many called UT3 / UT2k3. Further it was a flop and why there was a cheap upgrade path to UT2004 / UT2k4 UT4.
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_KELRaTH View Post
The only problem I see with that is that they already had UT2003 which many called UT3 / UT2k3. Further it was a flop and why there was a cheap upgrade path to UT2004 / UT2k4 UT4.
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
ut2k7 = should be ut4 you crazy fools.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:42 PM   #4
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
unless....
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:47 PM   #5
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

this game has gone multi platform 360 p3 pc....ughhhh i hope they dont pull an ubisoft.
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:12 AM   #7
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
ut2k3 is sortof the bastard child that people try to ignore.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:57 AM   #8
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
ut99 = ut1
ut2k3 = ut2
ut2k4 = ut3
Ah except the ut2k4 engine is known as ut2b I believe. So ut3 would be appropriate.
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:37 AM   #9
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Wild View Post
Ah except the ut2k4 engine is known as ut2b I believe. So ut3 would be appropriate.
yeah but i wasn't going by engine name.. i was going by order number
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:53 AM   #10
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Wasnt too happy with that footage, IMO it just looked like a slightly prettier version of UT2004, i think this will be the general concensus when it arrives.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:50 PM   #11
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_KELRaTH View Post
Yeah, the naming scheme now doesn't make any sense.

Also, will we be able to play consolers online?

Oh how I would love that!
I feel a few God-Likes coming my way.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:52 PM   #12
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

wtf? UT3?

Unreal Tournament 3?

What happened to 2?

What a bad idea. They should've stopped with the 2003 idea in the first place. UT2004 should've been UT2 and now UT3.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:05 AM   #13
The Destroyer
Radeon R300

The Destroyer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa View Post

Yes, that would own. They better not auto-aim for joypads either, let's have a straight fight.
The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:44 AM   #14
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

I really like the name change. Unreal Tournament 3 sounds a lot better than Unreal Tournament 2007.

For those who think that the new name doesn't make any sense, think of it like this.

Unreal Tournament 99 = Unreal Tournament 1
Unreal Tournament 2003 = Unreal Tournament 2 (which was its original name)
Unreal Tournament 2004 = Unreal Tournament 2.5 (since its gameplay was very similar to UT2003's, only it was far more refined, and there was much more of it)
Unreal Tournament 2007 = Unreal Tournament 3

Of course, if UT3 plays like UT2004, Unreal Tournament 2.6 or 2.7 might make more sense!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:55 PM   #15
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
You are stupid!
No, he's exactly right. Some people do quote hardware power over and over, without having a game to show for it right now. There are games coming, sure, but consoles have PLENTY of awesome games, both out now ánd coming up. Enjoying both is certainly much better than enjoying just one and pretending it's oh so superior to all others.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:17 PM   #16
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Eh... I don't know where you guys are reading but U3 WILL be out for consoles too.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:21 PM   #17
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
Eh... I don't know where you guys are reading but U3 WILL be out for consoles too.
Who said it wasn't?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:33 AM   #18
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa View Post

Not if they allow NML for console players you don't. I know a few UT players that use controllers almost exclusively (instead of keyboard + mouse) and because of the NML feature they're practically guaranteed a headshot every time if they know how to play.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:53 PM   #19
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Thats stupid it's the 4th UT game.

It should be UT2008 if it's pushed back.

Also not sure if i like the sound of the shock rifle. Ive heard it's gonna fire faster, and it says there, it's longer range. Skilled people are already deadly with a shock (Like me) this will make it even harder for noobs.
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:06 PM   #20
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

dude, what they should do is have different weapon skins for the nekris and human armies. That would be awesome.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:19 PM   #21
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grov View Post
Also not sure if i like the sound of the shock rifle. Ive heard it's gonna fire faster, and it says there, it's longer range. Skilled people are already deadly with a shock (Like me) this will make it even harder for noobs.
/n00b puts hands up

*wave*

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:35 PM   #22
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

While I agree it's a stupid name.... it's based on the engine that runs the game:

UT99 - Original unreal engine
UT2003 - Unreal Engine 2.0
UT2004 - Unreal Engine 2.5
UT2007 - Unreal Engine 3

I just hope renaming it without the 2007 doesn't have anything to do with the release date
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:39 PM   #23
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
While I agree it's a stupid name.... it's based on the engine that runs the game:

UT99 - Original unreal engine
UT2003 - Unreal Engine 2.0
UT2004 - Unreal Engine 2.5
UT2007 - Unreal Engine 3

I just hope renaming it without the 2007 doesn't have anything to do with the release date
actually ut99 engine was more like unreal engine 1.5
Old Jan 25, 2007, 04:15 PM   #24
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Never liked software named w/ the year. If nothing else, it started this frenzy that had everyone and their dog putting out yearly releases whether or not the market or product was ready for a new version. IMHO this also motivated mfgs to turn what should be considered little more than a free service pack into a paid new version.

So while the new naming scheme may make little sense, I'm always glad to see the year moniker dropped from a product.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:37 PM   #25
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Back in my day, it used to be called UT2006 I still refer to it by that name. Just to drill in how delayed this game was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:42 PM   #26
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

I want that game... NOW.

Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:50 PM   #27
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I could take it or leave it.

I've been really pissed that AA hasn't been working in a ton of games - and knowing that it won't work in UT3 doesn't really give me the warm fuzzies.

And if it's not for better graphics, then how is it better than UT2004?

I'll likely buy it when it comes out, but I don't think it will live up to its potential in the amount of time that it's popular.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:41 PM   #28
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I could take it or leave it.

I've been really pissed that AA hasn't been working in a ton of games - and knowing that it won't work in UT3 doesn't really give me the warm fuzzies.

And if it's not for better graphics, then how is it better than UT2004?

I'll likely buy it when it comes out, but I don't think it will live up to its potential in the amount of time that it's popular.
?

Old Aug 31, 2007, 06:14 AM   #29
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

AA is available in UT3 but only in DX10 mode.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:37 AM   #30
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

Default Unreal Tournament III

The UTIII site has been updated with a bunch of remixed track songs from UT99 and UT2K4 including a few new tracks to be heard. I simply love the music now Very aggressive!!

The tracks are in the Audio section. There about 20 tracks.

http://unrealtournament3.com/us/index.html

Also, heres a few new shots of a CTF map, unamed at the moment and looks very damn sweet!

Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Sep 11, 2007 at 07:06 AM.
Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote